Kia Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
That was a very interesting read, Gareth. The poster's problem seems to be identical to mine. I'll try ventilating the car after every trip and see if that helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cheers Andy

Cant say I’ve had any condensation problems yet (as opposed to my previous Rover) but then being retired I can’t say I get out that early any more , and after the last 18 years of my working life starting at 04.30 in the morning it’s a bloomin’ luxury :D
Same with my Picanto very little condensation, my much loved Mitsubishi used to be soaking wet & Id have to stop half way down the road to clean up again in fact this was the downfall of my old car damp got in the electrics & cost of getting things refurbished just was not worth doing

·
Registered
569 Posts
Same with my Picanto very little condensation, my much loved Mitsubishi used to be soaking wet & Id have to stop half way down the road to clean up again in fact this was the downfall of my old car damp got in the electrics & cost of getting things refurbished just was not worth doing
Can I ask, do you have manual aircon' or climate control in your Picanto?

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is manual air con going to use it even in winter as I recall there can be probs with any system if only used in summer

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It is manual air con going to use it even in winter as I recall there can be probs with any system if only used in summer
Yes, with the manual aircon the owners manual says “Use the air conditioning system every month for a few minutes to ensure maximum system performance”

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have a feeling that the people having condensation issues have got the climate control system. I wonder if there's a problem with that that is causing it??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dont know - "Honest John" had a story of someone who had similar problems in a Corsa & the answer was moisture gets through from the bulkhead

·
Registered
135 Posts
OK. For the last few days I've been opening the driver's window a little for the last few minutes of the journey and I think this has greatly reduced the misting. Not sure yet as it depends on the weather.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A couple of thoughts. You said you have had to wipe the screen manually quite often Andy and this could be leaving fine fibres from the cloth on the screen. Anything on a screen like this will attract the water droplets to form. It might be worthwhile, if you haven’t already, to do a though clean of the screen with one of the proprietary cleaners on sale.

Also maybe check the pollen filter. If you live in an area which suffers in the pollen period it may be your filter is blocked/needs cleaning and is actually working opposite to as it should.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts