Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Took delivery this morning of a 1.0 T-GDi GT (not the S) in Titanium Silver

Great little car, as you all know, and great service from dealer (Britain’s most easterly-you can work it out)

Have said in the introduction post how valuable the information on here has been while deciding whether to push the button or not over the last few months, but worth saying again :)

Came with auto start/stop which wasn’t expecting. No problems with dragging brakes so far...

vroom vroom 🚗

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

For the record Fuel Economy Unit still set to US Gallons on delivery, not UK Gallons - Changed it with salesman watching.

Such a simple thing for Kia to make their dealer network aware of!

·
Super Moderator
2,384 Posts
You would think that if a car is destined for UK market then it should be set that way...

Lets face it USA cars have the steering wheel on the wrong side :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
260 Posts
We dont have that problem with Litres down here! It should be part of your dealer delivery service that they charge you for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
we recently picked up a new X-line auto as above MPG units set to US gallons :) PDI should pick it up, especially as autos are criticised for poor fuel consumption.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Something I didn’t mention in my initial post was that I traded in my Rover 25 Impression under the Kia Scrappage scheme. This car was inherited by my brother and I when our father passed away in 2004. He had bought it 15 months earlier, for around £6500/£7000 if I remember right. Anyway the trade price at the time was £4000 so I gave my brother £2000 for his share. Under the scrappage scheme of course it knocked £2000 of the price of the turbo....so I guess you could call that ZERO DEPRECIATION on a car that lasted me 15 1/2 years:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
HI Gareth,

Had mine a couple of weeks now and loving it. Couple of minor niggles but going back to dealer to sort. I also took advantage of the scrappage scheme - result! 15 year old Punto worth about £200 and got £2K off my Picanto. Can't beat it.

Hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi DKF

Thanks, and same wishes to you :) Glad you got the benefit of the scrappage scheme as well

Popping in to the dealers tomorrow as it seems the RAC registration didn‘t go through (they set it up), but other than that no problems, niggles or complaints :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the club, Gareth. We've had ours since Oct 2018 and we love it. Only complaints are lots of condensation on cold, damp mornings and it takes about a century to clear so I have to manually wipe the windscreen, which I hate doing as it leaves marks. That and a slight case of brake dragging.
The t-gdi engine is a feisty little thing, but bear in mind that it doesn't develop anything like full urge until the temperature gauge settles. I've been caught a few times wondering why the car won't accelerate when pulling away after a slow corner.
Mucho fun when it warms up though!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers Andy

Cant say I’ve had any condensation problems yet (as opposed to my previous Rover) but then being retired I can’t say I get out that early any more , and after the last 18 years of my working life starting at 04.30 in the morning it’s a bloomin’ luxury :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome to the club, Gareth. We've had ours since Oct 2018 and we love it. Only complaints are lots of condensation on cold, damp mornings and it takes about a century to clear so I have to manually wipe the windscreen, which I hate doing as it leaves marks. That and a slight case of brake dragging.
The t-gdi engine is a feisty little thing, but bear in mind that it doesn't develop anything like full urge until the temperature gauge settles. I've been caught a few times wondering why the car won't accelerate when pulling away after a slow corner.
Mucho fun when it warms up though!
Are you sure there's nothing wrong to cause that condensation issue? I use ours everyday in all weathers & I never experience that. Is yours manual or automatic (climate control type) aircon? If it's the automatic type the settings may be off/need adjusting.I think on the auto' ones there's defog logic setting.
Our "2" just has manual aircon & I never experience any issues like that, so i'd definitely not consider it as "they all do that sir".
Maybe look into it. Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Kismet. It's a climate control/air con. I've tried all sorts of settings including the 'front' blower which sounds like Concorde going over but nothing will shift the heavy mist from the window. To be fair, sometimes our car sits unused for two or three days so maybe that makes it worse.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Kismet. It's a climate control/air con. I've tried all sorts of settings including the 'front' blower which sounds like Concorde going over but nothing will shift the heavy mist from the window. To be fair, sometimes our car sits unused for two or three days so maybe that makes it worse.
Hello, that really doesn't sound right but I do note that you have climate control system instead of the manual air-con that I have. When we first got our car it wasn't used much but we still never had that issue. The only misting I ever get that's reluctant to shift is a bit on the back door small quarter windows otherwise a blast of the aircon & all windows clear.
Maybe take a look in the owners manual (page 129) as that mentions re-setting the defogging logic program on the climate control.
GarethR's mention of it being set on re-circ mode is also worth considering.
I do wonder if the others experiencing this issue also have the automatic climate control system, so it might be because of that??
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No, it's not on re-circulate as I checked for that the other day. I've also checked for water leaks, damp carpets etc but there's nothing to see. I can't see it being a logic fault as I've tried all modes and nothing clears it. There's so much water on the inside of the windscreen I'm sure nothing will move it in a reasonable time frame. I may look at a de-humidifier. Thanks all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts