Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nipped over from the Rio forum as I`d ordered a Rio 3 but got fed up with the delivery date geting put back!

So,I`ve bought a Proceed 41.6 Crdi ,ex-demo but looks the mutts nuts and loaded with gadgets!!

Forums are a great help so I thought I`d ask some owners what they think of the car? Any downsides,problems,etc?

Pick it up on Thursday and looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi and welcome, you will love the Pro, mines been pretty much faultless since I had it new in 2008.
I`ve had a few paint issues but have had re-sprays done under warrenty with no problems.

This forum will highlight any problems but most I believe are minimal and easy fixes - again the warrenty covers most problems owners have encountered.

The Pro`s the first non-Vauxhall I`ve owned and the first car I`ve purchased new - I`d even trade it in for exactly the same again if money permitted. (but not black again !!!!)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Got the call today...mines ready for pick up Monday but got to hold out a little longer as the mrs is in Spain and doesn't want me to pick it up without her! Typical....

I got the 4 in white. Still umming and arrhing about the front and back reversing sensors even though it has a rear camera. Think i'm going to invest in the mudguards though, aslong as they can be sprayed the same colour as the body. My fleet of vans are black and I know what a compleat and utter b&$tard they can be to keep clean so I feel for you Drakey.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'd definitely go for mud guards.
I've just had my lower sills re-sprayed (near the rear lower of the doors) due to what to me seems like poor door alignment, stones from the front wheels impacted completely battering the paint away.
On looking at the newer models in the showroom when I took it in - they all have clear protective film applied to prevent this. I've now purchased these for mine along with rally style flaps (cut down - not as boy racer as it sounds) for protection in the future.

White - a great choice :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just out of curiosity...does the 4 come with the heated window wiper section on the front window? I have two sets of specification...one with & the other they arnt even mentioned

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Steve,

It is slightly notchy but its not overly bad,I can certainly live with it.
The cars great,well impressed with it. I'm thinking about removing the badges from the back as I think it'll look better de - badged

I gave her a couple of coats of svisswax best of show wax and the car looks like a black mirror! At £175 a tub its expensive but to me well worth it!

Haven't found any bad points except the doors automatically locking which I'm not keen on but I think its a trip to the dealer to get that sorted!

Apart from that,I'm happy with the car!

Stevie
Edited by: joemaxi

·
Registered
22 Posts
When you've been dragged halfway out of the car by some drunken idiots when I stopped at traffic lights you might be glad of auto-locking doors.Ref the gearbox: I've found the faster I change gear the better it seems to be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bill03 said:
When you've been dragged halfway out of the car by some drunken idiots when I stopped at traffic lights you might be glad of auto-locking doors.Ref the gearbox: I've found the faster I change gear the better it seems to be.
I'm a police officer so you kinda get used to that happening....

·
Registered
226 Posts
joemaxi said:
bill03 said:
I'm a police officer so you kinda get used to that happening....

oh no, big brother watching us all now LOL.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Question number one. When looking at the display, do you notice how your seating position is slightly to far to the left?
Number two: The rear seatbelts can be difficult to clip in if as a slight angle?
And finally: is your steering wheel slightly off centre? Mine is slightly pulling to the left? May have the tracking looked at locally before going back to the dealership. Not tires though as I've checked pressures and have also driven on the opposite side the road (quiet back road obviously) to see if it was the camber of the road to blame which it isn't.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Havent noticed the seating position to be honest and the rear seatbelts I`ll check them tomorrow as no-one has sat in the back yet!

My steering wheel is centred and doesnt pull so I`d suggest it might be the tracking mate!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts