Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,

My name is Tom and I am from Kent.
After a lengthy search, and then a lengthy wait (more on that later), I picked up my Kia Cee'd GT on Monday. Although I've only had it a couple of days, I really like it. Having owned a Mazda 6 MPS (I will shed a tear when I sell it) for 2.5yrs, I was worried that the GT would be a drastic step down in power and performance. Admittedly it is not as quick off the mark, which is not surprising given the 60bhp deficit, but it's mid-range punch, twin scroll turbo and gearing mean it gets down the road surprisingly quickly! For the moment I am going to keep it standard but will research further into possibly of remapping it to release a few more horsepower.
I am not unfamiliar with this generation of Cee'd as my wife bought a '67 plate 1.6 CRDi 4Tech a few months ago. My decision to buy a GT was swayed by driving her car. It's a nice place to be, has all the mod cons, handles well and the 134bhp diesel engine is very flexible.

I looked at a few online and narrowed it down to two local to me. One was in Track Red, the other Phantom Black. On paper they were very similar regarding age, mileage and condition. After viewing both, the red one was in much better condition and had slightly lower mileage. The only issues it had were a piece missing out of the lower front grille (parking accident) and a weird noise coming from behind the glove box. I asked the dealer to investigate what was making the noise so he booked it into the workshop. He rang me the next day and said it was the Ionizer and that it wouldn't take long to replace. Happy with this, I put a holding deposit on it mid-December on the proviso that the Ionizer would be replaced in a few days and I'd have the car before the Christmas break. Then the dealer called me with the bad news that the Ionizer is on back-order and wouldn't be with them until January. I was disappointed but agreed to wait.
With Christmas and New Year out of the way, I got in touch with the dealer on the progress of the Ionizer and he told me that it's been dispatched from South Korea by boat with an estimated delivery date of April! I couldn't believe it! After much deliberation and complaining, the dealer agreed to release the car to me and I'd bring it back in for the Ionizer to be replaced free of charge. So the deal was done and I took the car on Monday. The dealer called me the next day and, unbelievably, the part had arrived that morning and the technician went looking on the forecourt for my car so he could fit it! Anyway, it's booked in for Saturday morning and I can enjoy my new car free of the annoying screeching noise!
Screenshot_20191213-214926__01__01.jpg

·
Registered
269 Posts
Very nice matey, welcome to the forum. And we all know the red paint is worth at least another 20bhp over other colours! Looking forward to your updates.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I've only waxed the front so far but am hoping to do the rest on Friday.

·
Super Moderator
3,168 Posts
Welcome TSY83.

I had the 3-door Pro_Cee'd GT for 4 years before switching to the Stinger.
You may find it worth having a look at that forum as it has the same 200hp 1.6 petrol turbo as your 5 door.
You'll find it here: Pro_Cee'd GT 2013-2018

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried to get the dealer to replace that broken part but they insisted that the entire front bumper needs to replace. I wasn't happy with this due to red being a tough colour to match, so I took the car as it is with some money off. I'm also looking into sourcing just that part, either from Kia or breakers yards.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.