Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Looks like a battery pack. Which in the 2020 UK hev is under the rear seats.
If that was the case surely it would be present in all specs. In this video at 10:18 the only thing in the boot well is a removable tray for the compressor and tyre repair gunk.

I initially thought it could be an additional battery for the PHEV variant, but both cars have a HEV badge on the boot with no obvious sign of a charging socket.

Super Moderator
@Ian636
Totally agree, that was my 1st thought PHEV, but clearly not. But even the old version is so different from UK version. But then just been back through some of the comments on the video.. It was a pre-lift 2016 model.
If you compare your u-tube to the other. Notice how the floor is different. Your link clearly has a cover over everything compared to the other one.
Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Rectangle Gas Trunk Electronic device Auto part

Registered
@Ian636
Totally agree, that was my 1st thought PHEV, but clearly not. But even the old version is so different from UK version. But then just been back through some of the comments on the video.. It was a pre-lift 2016 model.
If you compare your u-tube to the other. Notice how the floor is different. Your link clearly has a cover over everything compared to the other one.
View attachment 13806

View attachment 13807
Hmm, all very odd.

Interestingly the 2nd image shows 4 of the bolt heads to which the thingamabobs are attached in the first image.

Registered
If there is anything at the event that isn't on the web I'll post it here the same day, but I'd expect that it will be well covered by the usual sites, so I doubt you'll have missed much.

Registered
I've got prices and specs, and I'm sure it will be on the web soon, but I'll post details here over the next couple of hours.

My interest is the EV, but I've got the other prices as well so just ask if anyone is interested. All EV models have the same battery (64.8kWh)
Niro EV '2' - 拢34,995, '3' - 拢37,745 '4' - 拢40,495 (Heat Pump is an option on '3' & '4' 拢900)

As usual the fun stuff is in the '4' ... Harmon/Kardon Premium Sound System, Drivers seat memory, Power tailgate, Sunroof, Remote Smart Park Assist, HUD...

The '3' does get front parking sensors, Highway Driving Assist and blind-spot collision avoidance assist this time though.

8 colour options - Orange Flame (standard), Midnight Black, Interstellar Grey, Snow White Pearl, Runway Red, Cityscape Green, Mineral Blue, Steel Grey.
Contracting colour for the 'C' pillar is a 拢150 option on the '4'

EDIT: The website has everything now so I'll stop typing :)

Registered
Just downloaded specs PDF from the Kia UK website, and was confused when it came to the sizes. The car images shown are of the previous Niro. Thought for a minute I had downloaded the old Niro specs, but no obviously just a bit of bad proofing.

At least they are using the correct images on the website.

Registered
Yes here's a grab of page 6 of the new Niro specifications download. Looks like someone just did a quick edit job of the existing Niro specs, but forgot to change the dimensions section.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car

Registered
Yes here's a grab of page 6 of the new Niro specifications download. Looks like someone just did a quick edit job of the existing Niro specs, but forgot to change the dimensions section.
Using the wrong images wouldn't have been too bad, but it is worse than that, those numbers are just the e-niro dimensions, they were not actually edited at all... :)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts