boot is 15 litres bigger!!
They really aren't that much bigger!!

• Haha
Reactions: iooi

·
Registered
Niro HEV 3
2 Posts
Yes I like the look of that, especially the new front end. I have a 2017 HEV 3 and I’ve never really been a big fan of the headlight design. The rear C-Pilar is a bold move, will be interesting to see it in the flesh. The interior looks much improved although I still prefer the three spoke steering wheel in mine.
Overall a big improvement style wise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hard to be sure from those pictures but it looks like they may have dropped the ride height too, a bit like the Stonic which despite the SUV styling, has a ride height more in line with a regular car.

EDIT - I meant Stonic, not Xceed

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hard to be sure from those pictures but it looks like they may have dropped the ride height too, a bit like the XCeed which despite the SUV styling, has a ride height more in line with a regular car.
Does nit make sense to make cars that you want to be economical sit to high, not good for the aerodynamics. The Ceed and Sportage used to share the same 1.6 GDi engine and whilst the Ceed was not that economical it was better than the higher Sportage.

If the new Niro is lower than the old one it should improve the range and that must be a good thing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does nit make sense to make cars that you want to be economical sit to high, not good for the aerodynamics. The Ceed and Sportage used to share the same 1.6 GDi engine and whilst the Ceed was not that economical it was better than the higher Sportage.

If the new Niro is lower than the old one it should improve the range and that must be a good thing.
It's definitely not a good thing if you have knackered knees and/or hips and as a result find getting into and out of a 'normal' height car a struggle. If the new Niro has a Stonic like ride height it'll be a deal breaker when it's time to replace our Niro.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
My Mrs suffers from arthritis and getting into tall cars is simply not possible, it pulls badly on her left hip especially when using the passenger side of the car.. The Ceed was absolutely perfect for her as are the Fabia and Suberb but both have height adjustable drivers and passenger seats. Those are essential on any purchase we make, they make life very easy for us.

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Just watched the AP review.
Interesting to see that rear camera has been moved lower to just above number plate. Should be better to stay clean. Do not like the level of the rear bake & indicators, like the sportage, far to low.

Just wonder how many of the features they have will migrate to the UK version.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do not like the level of the rear bake & indicators, like the sportage, far to low.
Indeed, not keen on the indicator position at all, in fact I'm not overly enamoured with the back end styling generally, reminds me of a 00s Ford Focus.

Other that that it looks promising, I like the front and interior styling, also nice to see there still appears to be space for a spare wheel and they've retained the opening sunroof. In terms of additions to the specs, the powered tailgate is a handy feature (my last car had one) and I've always liked the idea of HUDs on cars.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good to see that the contrasting colour C-pillar is an option, and although I actually think that some colour combinations might work, I would prefer it weren't there at all.

Overall I like it and it will be interesting to see what spec we get here in Ireland. We only get one "take it or leave it" spec here rather than the 2, 4, 4+ in the UK, and the exact spec seems to remain a total mystery until they actually land in the showrooms, sometime contradicting what's shown in the brochures, so I won't be in any hurry to order one until I've seen one in the flesh. I really hope we get memory seats!

·
Registered
Niro hybrid 2022
48 Posts

the old one she is showing , looks old, does not look like my 21 niro hev 4.. but the new one looks very sexy

·
Registered
365 Posts
The old blue one is a pre-2020 model.

3/4 view is going to be more difficult with the solid C post.
Rear (hatch) window is smaller so rear view poorer.
!5lt increase in boot space is negligible.
I wonder if that air stream behind the C post will keep the rear window cleaner?
Those front headrests are fugly!

And she is so annoying.

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
My money is on no powered tail lift & no double glazed front windows. In the UK.

Seats seem to be the style that Kia are using throughout the range. Totally agree on the design. Who actually hangs anything on the back of the seat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the old one she is showing , looks old, does not look like my 21 niro hev 4.. but the new one looks very sexy
The facelift of the current model massively improved the looks IMO.

That side by side view does at least allay my worry than the new model would have a lower ride height than the old one, they look pretty much the same.

What's that bolted to the boot floor at 4:38? One of the other videos I saw had that space completely empty.

·
Super Moderator
9,389 Posts
Looks like a battery pack. Which in the 2020 UK hev is under the rear seats.

Interesting that the old Niro they were using had a big step in the boot. Yet in the UK it is flat as it is a 2 level floor.

Just shows how the old Niro is so different in various countries.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts