Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my Mum took ownership of a Kia Niro 4 self-charging hybrid from her local dealer. I think the car has done just 200 miles or so.

Next time I visit, I’ll be helping her sort out what all the buttons do etc (!!), but if anyone has any experience that they could share that would really helpful:
  • things that are really useful to know (that may not be in the manual)
  • common issues / warnings / things to avoid
  • best things about the car
  • worst things about the car
  • recommended ‘settings’ (if relevant)
Thanks in anticipation!
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congratulation!
It's only necessary to drive the car as a normal car and read the manual carefully from beginning to the end! 🙂

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have to turn off the lane departure system every time as it drives me mad.
Don't put the electric mirror switch in the middle as the book suggests. Leave it selected to the left mirror and it will dip when you select reverse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to turn off the lane departure system every time as it drives me mad.
Don't put the electric mirror switch in the middle as the book suggests. Leave it selected to the left mirror and it will dip when you select reverse
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how often she will be driving on roads where the Lane Departure System will be useful (or irritating!).

Are the wing mirrors heated? I know that, on my Audi, if the switch is set to the left position (to dip when reverse is selected), then the mirrors are not automatically heated and can mist up in some scenarios.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good Morning all. Picking up my MY20 model 4 on Friday & had asked for, and been quoted, a hard wired dashcam. Dealer rang a few minutes ago & said he is NOT allowed to install hardwired in EV's. Comments please. Any experiences??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure how often she will be driving on roads where the Lane Departure System will be useful (or irritating!).

Are the wing mirrors heated? I know that, on my Audi, if the switch is set to the left position (to dip when reverse is selected), then the mirrors are not automatically heated and can mist up in some scenarios.
Every time you cross a white line it will bleep and move the wheel for you - just about all roads have white lines.
All models of Niro have heated mirrors

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good Morning all. Picking up my MY20 model 4 on Friday & had asked for, and been quoted, a hard wired dashcam. Dealer rang a few minutes ago & said he is NOT allowed to install hardwired in EV's. Comments please. Any experiences??
This should really have been a fresh post instead of hi-jacking another, but one branch of Halfords declined to hard wire mine, but another on did, and could not explain the refusal of the first store.

·
Registered
611 Posts
This should really have been a fresh post instead of hi-jacking another, but one branch of Halfords declined to hard wire mine, but another on did, and could not explain the refusal of the first store.
Sorry OJ. My mistake, didn't read the topic heading properly.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Every time you cross a white line it will bleep and move the wheel for you - just about all roads have white lines.
All models of Niro have heated mirrors
Mine does not have heated mirrors (that I can see) 2019 model 2 It does not have the dipping mirrors either. It does have the annoying lane following 'on' default.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine does not have heated mirrors (that I can see) 2019 model 2 It does not have the dipping mirrors either. It does have the annoying lane following 'on' default.
Just got the info from Kia website specifications: Electrically Folding, Adjustable & Heated Door Mirrors with LED Indicators ✓ ✓ ✓ - the ticks are for versions 2,3,4
click here: Niro specs

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had my 2020MY Niro "2" for four weeks now. My only complaint is the headlamps are rubbish! Why Kia chose to penny pinch and use only one bulb for dip and main beam puzzles me! But I understand the "4" model has LED headlights, so you will not have to put up with TocH lamps on your model!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, that's not so good! My Mum certainly won't want to do that every time she goes on a short journey!
As long as she uses her indicator EVERY time before she pulls across a white line to overtake a parked car etc she will be ok.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On my "2" model the Lane Keep Assist only becomes active at around 40mph. I would expect this to be the same throughout the model range. As most roads obstructed with parked vehicles are in built-up areas, the LKA should not be cutting in!

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is actually quite nice that the car gently pushes the driver to use turn signals properly and hence keeping others safer.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hi Picked up my new Niro 4 on 19th, haven't had a chance to drive other than back from the garage because of the present situation. I was so pleased with my previous Niro I decided to go for the same again. It does have heated mirrors and the salesman said you have to put the rear window heater on. Something I never knew. I like the blind spot detector and find it helpful .as I did the lane departure system. There are many good things that you gradually find, I am in the older age group and really enjoyed driving my last one and hope this will be the same. Hope Mum does as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just got the info from Kia website specifications: Electrically Folding, Adjustable & Heated Door Mirrors with LED Indicators ✓ ✓ ✓ - the ticks are for versions 2,3,4
click here: Niro specs
I'll check again next time I'm out in it.
Mind you given all the tech they have packed into it a clock that self adjusts when the locks go on would be nice!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts