Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nero EV 3 delivery July 2022
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain the differences between a 4.2” and 10.25” Supervision colour cluster display on the new Nero EV (other than the size). I am unfamiliar with the terminology. I guess one must be able to display a lot more info but if anyone can provide the detail I’d be grateful. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,005 Posts
The difference is the size of the screen in the dash.
4.2 is just a small screen in the middle between dials which has your display of the likes of trip etc.
10.25 is a full size screen. Which gives more info & options & looks more like a single unit, rather that looking like a seperate screen in the middle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can anyone explain the differences between a 4.2” and 10.25” Supervision colour cluster display on the new Nero EV (other than the size). I am unfamiliar with the terminology. I guess one must be able to display a lot more info but if anyone can provide the detail I’d be grateful. Thanks.
None of the new EV versions have the 4.2" screen anyway, it is only fitted to the hybrid versions...

·
Super Moderator
10,005 Posts
I would never trust any printed spec sheets. They are well known for changing specs from when they are printed to when car is near launch.

This from Kia website. even then we have known this to alter over time.
Kia Niro Specifications & Features | Kia UK

Rectangle Font Slope Line Material property

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would never trust any printed spec sheets. They are well known for changing specs from when they are printed to when car is near launch.

This from Kia website.
Kia Niro Specifications & Features | Kia UK
There are a few errors in the specs shown on the web page, but as far as I can tell, the PDF linked from that page is accurate.

The only thing the OP missed is that the EV specs begin on page 4, the first 3 pages only cover the 2 hybrid ranges (self-charging and plug-in)

·
Registered
Nero EV 3 delivery July 2022
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a few errors in the specs shown on the web page, but as far as I can tell, the PDF linked from that page is accurate.

The only thing the OP missed is that the EV specs begin on page 4, the first 3 pages only cover the 2 hybrid ranges (self-charging and plug-in)
Hi. Once again thanks. I’m even more confused now as the links you provide show that under ‘Audio/Communications/Information’ the 3EV doesn’t get any colour cluster display but the 2EV does. Obviously an error but it would be good to get a definitive answer - Dealership response is also a bit iffy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi. Once again thanks. I’m even more confused now as the links you provide show that under ‘Audio/Communications/Information’ the 3EV doesn’t get any colour cluster display but the 2EV does. Obviously an error but it would be good to get a definitive answer - Dealership response is also a bit iffy.
Water Font Art Landscape City

The '2' gets the 10.25" + 8", the '3' & '4' get 2 x 10.25"

This is the 2x10.25" version...
Speedometer Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle

I have not yet seen a photo of the 8"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts