Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my old 03 plate Rio through it's MOT without any problems at all. But then I saw the new certificate - just a print out on white paper! No more Ministry of Transport anti-forgery paper, it's supposed to save the government money. Ok, the info might be on a database, so the police will know if a car has an MOT or not, but what is Joe public supposed to do when presented with a simple print out anyone could have just knocked together on their printer?

·
Registered
525 Posts
My thoughts too. You still get that poxy blue sticker for the windscreen though.....

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Have you noticed tho' the advisories are shown too. Not like the old mot where you could hide the advisory sheet from the buyer, Now would I do that

·
Registered
328 Posts
yeh it is a joke.

£55 for a paper print out.

Also the other annoyance with MOT's is the cop out small text that states (with words to the effect of) :-

"This does not classify the vehicle as safe or road worthy"

Really ?
The MOT process is there to show the vehicle is road worthy.
So what is an MOT for ?

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,233 Posts
diddy1234 said:
yeh it is a joke.

£55 for a paper print out.

Also the other annoyance with MOT's is the cop out small text that states (with words to the effect of) :-

"This does not classify the vehicle as safe or road worthy"

Really ?
The MOT process is there to show the vehicle is road worthy.
So what is an MOT for ?
It just means that the car was road legal at the time of the test, not 3 days later when the owner has put back on the illegal number plates, blacked out windows,and dodgy silencer. Or am I being cynical

Seriously tho' no test can ensure a car will be remain roadworthy for 12 months. It just means it was at the date of the test, after then it's up to the owner to maintain it to a roadworthy condition.

I had my last MOT via Kwik Fit. Booked on line for £25, turned up at the alloted time and the tester was waiting. 45 minutes later nice new MOT handed over! Polite and efficient (the tester was in his 50's and knew his trade) and I will be doing the same next time. Sleaford Lincolnshire depot. Highly recommended. I guess the downside may be that they will only undertake basic repairs such as brakes, but if your car is regularly serviced there should be no nasty surprises.

Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.