Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I Just wanted to say that we have taken delivery of a 06 carens CRDi LX, and so far I am really impressed, we brought it to tow our caravan.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi robcarol
I too use my crdi to pull a van no problems other than steering feels slightly vague but no worries
my van weighs in at 950kg have a alko hitch fitted for stability, the tow bar down load on the carens isnt great, So went for the stabalising hitch rather than the heavy bulldog type stabiliser,To try and keep things calm,Used to tow with a discovery and a bigger van never worried about the stability or kerb weight ratios, but having a smaller vehicle and unit, all sorts of things now come into play,
Any how i do digress, carens is a decent enough tow all round and the engine torque is adequate, stay safe and happy touring pal

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are thinking of buying a Carens. How have you got on with the "foot" handbrake when towing, especially with hill starts or manouevering on slopes on sites.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi grandad
(that sounds weird)
I have the 03 carens with the usual hand brake set up so sorry cant help you there, The new carens which i presume you are looking at has more grunt than the older models,With slightly more kerb weight i believe, I am sure some one on here will eventually answer your question,This forum is a little quiet at times so you may have to keep logging on every now and then for an answer,
All the best
col

·
Registered
144 Posts
Had a Carens with the foothand brake type arrangement for about a week to two weeks. Not bad, kept going back to the center to remove the handbrake after Id done the lever tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts