Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Sorento 4 in Runway Red..... Estimated delivery 22-DEC-22
Currently have a Ford Kuga Titanium X but could not fit in the new Kuga because they have lowered the roof angle and I could not get in it even with the electric driver seat.
I love the tech gimmicks on the Sorento 4 and it will be my first Kia...... normally use Android Auto but don't know if if the current software in the new Sorento makes it redundant, is Google maps still better ??
The 4 comes with 19 ins wheels and usually on cars, I buy a oem compatible set of 17 ins black alloys and fit michellin X climates to get a better winter ride and save the supplied alloys for Summer.
Anyone else do that for the winter ??

Poldark

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There are a fair few on here will tell you to stick with Android Auto and Google Maps if that is your what you prefer.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Just ordered a Sorento 4 in Runway Red..... Estimated delivery 22-DEC-22
Currently have a Ford Kuga Titanium X but could not fit in the new Kuga because they have lowered the roof angle and I could not get in it even with the electric driver seat.
I love the tech gimmicks on the Sorento 4 and it will be my first Kia...... normally use Android Auto but don't know if if the current software in the new Sorento makes it redundant, is Google maps still better ??
The 4 comes with 19 ins wheels and usually on cars, I buy a oem compatible set of 17 ins black alloys and fit michellin X climates to get a better winter ride and save the supplied alloys for Summer.
Anyone else do that for the winter ??

Poldark
I have the new face lift 21 Kia Picanto GT Line S with wireless Apple Car Play and Android auto. I have the Apple 12 Mini and my partner as the Samsung S9 and both work perfect on the Apple Car Play and Android auto for the maps, but I have found that the Kia Satnav still works just as good as both the ACP and the AU for getting you direct to your destination without any issues.

·
Banned
54 Posts
On the tyre situation. I drive my Discovery Sport on the Michelin Cross Climate 2 all year round which also includes driving through France and into Spain during the hot summer months with no issues at all so you would have no issues leaving your Michelin tyres on your Sorento all year round and still have a very good summer winter ride throughout

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.