Kia Owners Club Forum banner

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Alanw47 
#1 ·
Good afternoon, Just want to say hi to all the members. I have been following the forum for a while now. Trying to learn what I can about The Kia Sportage.
I have finally ordered my new car and hope it will arrive mid April.
It’s a sportage 1.6 CRDi 48v JBL Black edition DCT auto. Wow that’s is a mouthful !
It’s to replace my wife’s Mini Cooper s . So a bit of a change in store for her...
To be fair it’s eventually going to be our only car so we hope it’s going to be as reliable as Kia’s reputation would lead you to believe.
We hope to do a lot of touring in it around the Uk so also hope that the economy will be around 48mpg as reports would suggest. I don’t know about you, but WLTP fuel consumption figures seem even more convoluted that the old way the manufacturer used to report mpg.
One area of concern after having ordered the car is the issue with the “MHSG Tensioner Replacement And Crankshaft Sprocket Bolt Tightening Torque Increase". I would hope as my car has only just come out of build that the engine has been modified at the factory. Does anyone know anything further? Or do I just assume the dealer will have carried out the work on pdi ?
Anyway thank you for letting me join your forum and if anyone has any info , tips or tricks they think I should know then please let me.
One last thing. Does this particular engine need add blue ? Or do mild hybrids not need it ?
Thanks once again and I look forward to contributing in the future.

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome - But this isn't the place for technical questions- sorry! 😕 🤗

If you have a particular Kia model (and date) in mind go to that sub-forum.

If your question is more general - say tyres and batteries for Kia models - then use the Main Message Forum.

So I'm moving you!

#5 ·
Welcome,

With only 4,000 miles on the clock I'm averaging about 43-44mpg out of my AWD version, but I'm hoping that might improve as the mileage increases.

I have been told by both Kia and my dealer that my car does not need the retensioning procedure, but they're not so quick to tell me if it has already been done when the car went back tor some minor warranty work, or if it only applies to a particular batch of engines.

Yes, it does use AdBlue, there is an 18 litre tank, about enough for 1 year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.