Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I’ve already posted a few times, but thought I’d better tick all the boxes and say hello in here!
Got a 66 Sportage KX-4 Just before Xmas (for the wife)
She said the normal GT Line wasn’t quick enough, plus wanted a car that had a similar spec to our old Mazda 6 Sport Nav.
so far I’m very impressed, also weird to have a car with a sunroof again!
Still trying to get my head around the servicing side, I’m used to minor then major rather than the mileage dictating the service required.
oh and I live in kings Lynn in Norfolk.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
great place to holiday is Norfolk.. love the broads..went there as a kid.. Hickling.. and a cottage called Rose cottage..its actually still there today..

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I’d better tick all the boxes and say hello in here! I live in kings Lynn in Norfolk.
Well, in that case, a belated welcome to the forum, 'SiW', and a happy new year. Can't help with Kings Lynn....somebody has to live there!😁

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, in that case, a belated welcome to the forum, 'SiW', and a happy new year. Can't help with Kings Lynn....somebody has to live there!😁
Ha ha!
I’ve lived in various places (I’m not from Norfolk) and to be honest I can’t see myself moving away!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I’m used to minor then major rather than the mileage dictating the service required.
oh and I live in kings Lynn in Norfolk.
Hi SiW

Do you work at somewhere starting with 'M' by any chance.
I used to be based there in the mid 70's,we did a driveby in 2018 on Swaaaafham Rd :)

cheers/rgds Maxaret

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi SiW

Do you work at somewhere starting with 'M' by any chance.
I used to be based there in the mid 70's,we did a driveby in 2018 on Swaaaafham Rd :)

cheers/rgds Maxaret
Yep! Been “working” at M on and off since the mid 90s

·
Registered
799 Posts
It was partly the Minor and Major reference that made me suspicious :)
I was on the Canberra OCU - based in the condemned (and externally shored up) building adjacent to the western rwy threshold opposite the old M.S.S site.I was there a couple of years until I managed to escape onto something more modern,although as you can see from my avatar - I always retained a soft spot for the Canberra.
We have a rather older Sportage 2.0 crdi auto.

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was partly the Minor and Major reference that made me suspicious :)
I was on the Canberra OCU - based in the condemned (and externally shored up) building adjacent to the western rwy threshold opposite the old M.S.S site.I was there a couple of years until I managed to escape onto something more modern,although as you can see from my avatar - I always retained a soft spot for the Canberra.
We have a rather older Sportage 2.0 crdi auto.
I remember the old Canberra’s, there is one round near the old regiment section as a display!
They finally got rid of the Victor by the main gate a couple of months ago

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.