Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI TO ALL FELLOW MEMBERS NAME IS GUY AND A NEW AND FIRST TIME KIA OWNER, BROUGHT A FRIST EDITION SPORTAGE NEW END OF SEPT FROM KIA P/BORO . ONLY DONE A FEW HUNDRED MILES IN IT SO FAR BUT I,M IMPRESSED COMFY AND A NICE VEH TO DRIVE ,NOT A OFF ROADER SO IT WILL NEVER BE USED TO ITS LIMITS PLUS I DONT REALLY FANCEY THE CLEAN UP JOB AFTERWARDS ,MY VEH IS IN BLACK AND HAVE HAD THE GLASS BLACKED OUT EVEN MORE THAN THE FACTORY FIT ,LOOKS WICKED AM WAITING FOR KIA TO CATCH UP AND SUPPLY THE CHROME DOOR MOULDINGS THAT WILL REALLY SET IT OFF .CONTACTED UP COUNTRY AUTO AND WAITING FOR A FITTING DATE FOR A FRONT A BAR AND SIDE RAILS .ANY ONE WITH KIDS BG AUDIO DO A ROOF MOUNT DVD PLAYER WHICH I HAD FITTED LOOKS GREAT AND WORKS REALLY WELL .LOOKING FORWARD NOW TO MAKING THE MOST OF MY SPORTAGE IT IS A VERY IMPRESIVE LOOKING TOOL WILL SEE HOW THE NEXT FEW YEARS PAN OUT .

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Guy, I've had my kia sportage FE for 5wks now and love it. Mine's also black and has back windows darkened as per factory fit. You got yours darkened even further so would they look completely black from outside? do you have just the back 2 windows darkened + rear window. I think its illegal to darken the front 2 windows-am I right? How much did you pay and where if you don't mind me asking? Cheers Johnathan, Belfast

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI JOHNATHAN YES CORRECT FROM THE OUT SIDE THE CAR WINDOWS ARE PURE BLACK AS PER A LIMO STYLE FROM INSIDE IT ALL LOOKS QUITE NORMAL EVEN AT NIGHT AND DOES NOT RESTRICT VISION .THE FRONT SIDE SCREENS ARE TINTED TO GRADE 30% WHICH IS QUITE LEAGAL AND THE POLICE HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH I PAID 200 FOR THE JOB AT CAR2TINT HUNTINGDON CAMBS. ONE OF THE BEST WINDOW TINTERS IN EAST ANGLIA NO SHORT CUTS HERE A PERFECT JOB SECOND CAR IVE HAD DONE HERE AND WOULD RECOMEND CAR2TINT TO ANYONE

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for your reply on the windows Guy. Scuse my ignorance here but did you have a "film" applied to your windows or was it some kind of fluid applied. I'm interested in doing this but need to know these details to see if what you had done can be done here in NI. It sounds really good -any chance of posting up a photo of your motor on this forum-I know it can be done as I've seen pics already. Cheers Johnathan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI JOHNATHAN REF WINDOWS ITS A FILM THATS APPLIED TO THE WINDOWS ,THIS IS DONE WITH A WATER SPRAY WHICH THEN ACTIVATES SOME KIND OF REACTION WITH THE FILM AND GLASS IT BONDS TO THE GLASS AFTER ABOUT 3DAYS SO IN THAT PERIOD YOU CAN NOT USE YOUR WINDOWS AFTER THAT THERE IS A TIME WHEN THE ODD MARK WILL COME UP ON THE GLASS THIS IS JUST THE DRYING OUT ,WITH IN TWO WEEKS YOU HAVE A PERFECT FINISH .THE FILMS COME IN VARIOUS SHADES RIGHT DOWN TO FULL BLACK OUT IE LIMO WILL GET SOME PICS UP ASP PROBLEY THE WEEK END ITS DARK BOTH ENDS OF THE DAY FOR ME NOW DURING THE WEEK GUY

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAVEN,T FORGOTTON J1 HOW DO YOU POST A PICTURE I CANT GET IT TO MOVE FROM MY ALBUM TO HERE ????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts