• Carens

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, glad to join the club. Got '06 Carens 2,0 ltr petrol / manual, new from dealer. 3000 km on odometer, no complains by now, measured 12,5 km on one liter ( 4 adults+1 kid, winter road, highway, at 100-110km/hr). Agree with driving style - the consumption really depends on your gas pedal dynamics. Heard of changing oil for fully synthetic after 10K km, then fuel consumption should drop; but why nobody talking abt oil or filter renewal after first thousand, which is running-in period? All those abrasives etc.? And why 10K is magical figure everywhere? Why not 5?
Will gladly take all reasonable advices, and share my stories, thanks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
HiCa user and welcome,I like you are amased at the change interval of the oil, but with the improvements of the oils and the filter elements.

However the synthetic oils do seem to be far superior at lasting longer in service.
May have the oil and filter changed at 5000 miles on my first service instead of 10000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and what do you think of tyre size increasing? My KiCa has 15" as standard from dealer, possibility to put her on 16" ( 17" requires wheel console upgrade). Bigger wheels should bring down gas consumption. There's enough power reserve at each gear for same smooth urban driving on bigger diameter, and you'll get lower revs at same speed on a highway, I suppose.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
To big a wheel and tyre causes increased rolling resistance which in turn gives you poorer fuel consumption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts