Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I’m Peter, I have recently purchased a secondhand Kia Venga June 2018 model. Looking through the forum I noticed that the Sat Nav requires updates. I wasn’t aware as I’ve had a separate Sat Nav all the time. Question : how do you get an update? And which is the latest one for the Vena, and the cost please.
So far I’m very happy with my new purchase, and looking forward to many happy trouble free motoring, and of course updates on the forum.
Thanking you.

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
The sat nav and media update seems to vary in cost.
basically the update is free, but you pay for the time it takes, anything from £25-£70 seems the going rate with most paying around £40.
this is done by the dealer, steer clear of buying an update off eBay that could knacker the system!
As for the update version, this will depend on the model of the stereo, as certain versions can have upgraded/different units

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AQ
basically the update is free, but you pay for the time it takes, anything from £25-£70 seems the going rate with most paying around £40.
this is done by the dealer, steer clear of buying an update off eBay that could knacker the system!
As for the update version, this will depend on the model of the stereo, as certain versions can have upgraded/different units
Thank you for the information

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
The information for the map updates is listed on the first post on this Kia Customer Services thread. The thread is for the 2020 updates, however Kia Customer Services announced the release of the 2021 updates (see below). The 4th Gen issue has been resolved.
Normally map updates are released in the 2nd quarter of each year (Apr to Jun). I am not going to comment on the £40 charge.
Hi all

2021 map updates are now ready for all platforms EXCEPT THE 4TH GENERATION. If your 2020 versions are those circled below, the 2021 versions for your platform are undergoing further testing. Thanks for your patience.
If you're unsure which platform your car has, please PM us with the reg.

View attachment 10152

KCS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The information for the map updates is listed on the first post on this Kia Customer Services thread. The thread is for the 2020 updates, however Kia Customer Services announced the release of the 2021 updates (see below). The 4th Gen issue has been resolved.
Normally map updates are released in the 2nd quarter of each year (Apr to Jun). I am not going to comment on the £40 charge.
Sorry to be a pain but would you be able to advise if the info in sat nav screen is up to date. My car is a 18 plate registered June 18

Attachments

·
Registered
66 plate Sportage KX4
214 Posts
Sorry to be a pain but would you be able to advise if the info in sat nav screen is up to date. My car is a 18 plate registered June 18
pretty sure map version 12 is 2020, and 13 is the new 2021 version.
as yours is 10 that fits in with 2018.
software versions seem to back this up too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.