Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about duplicate post (see below) but I was trying to post from my mobile phone and there were problems.......I have owned a Vauxhall Frontera for 11 years which burns more diesel than a P&O ferry.....I have just ordered a brand spanking new Kia Ceed SW 1.6CRDi with Level 3 trim option andI would welcome any thoughts, tips etc on this model.To be honest, having trawled around the internet I have struggled to find anything bad said about the car. What I would be interested in is peoples's personal experience of the 7 year warranty and how responsive Kia dealerships/garages arewhen it comes to fixing the more minor problems that occasionally occur ie: sticking or inoperative electric windows/wipers/in car entertainment etc.

Steve ;o)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome, with the warranty only time well tell.
You will see posts on most forums, some good and some bad (But you only hear the one side of the story).

All the best for the future.

Bob.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Morning Steve

Got mine a month ago (SW 1.6CRDi Active which is the French Top of range model). Can't comment on warranty as nothing has gone wrong and everything worked as advertised. Has yours got ISG? If so a warning that it takes a wee bit of getting used to! It's weird having the engine quit everytime you stop in traffic. The tip is to just drive totally normally and let it do it's thing. It really does work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies, The model I have opted for is the CeedSW CRDi 3 which as far as I know is not the ISG as this is only availableon the Ecodynamics version on the CeedSW CRDi 2. I have seen a bit of negativity on the forum about handbrakes, clunking suspension,rattles etc but these forums are exactly wher people go when something does go wrong with their pride & joy. I have read an awful lot of positive press by experts who gush about its value, reliablilty and build quality. The negative comments are duplicated on similar forumsfor other vehicles andit looks like there are plenty of folks who are dissatisfied with their new V.Wor Ford so I take the "Stay away from KIA" posts with a pinch of salt...I hope that in the long runI'm right to do so.I think what I need to find is a good reasonably local KIA dealership who I can trust to do the right thing if I ever have problems because there are without doubt sales staff and mechanics who will try and fob you off with the "that's normal for that model mate" speech. Anyway got a few weeks to wait as its being built in the factory any day now :eek:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts