Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Stonic Connect T-GDi MHEV
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I took delivery of a new 71 plate Stonic Connect T-GDi MHEV last week and have since driven 150 miles to and fro work.
When I switch to looking at the Energy Flow display I am not seeing the battery providing any power at any time - occasionally when I take my foot off the accelerator I see flow to the battery, but only for a second or two.
Is this normal? Does it need a long run to fully charge the battery before it starts providing assistance?

Just wondering if I need to speak to the dealer.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2021 Stonic GT Line S mild hybrid.
105 Posts
Welcome.
I found that there is little information provided by Kia sales or in the manual about what to expect from the Stonic mild hybrid.
The battery does not power the drive alone. It just provides assistance to the engine occasionally. I find that the 48V battery has to be fully charged before you will experience the advantages of a mild hybrid. Then you will experience "Sailing" where the engine will just idle or shut down while the car is coasting. I find if you use the car for short trips a lot or if you use the heated seats a lot that limits the mild hybrid.

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Hi & Welcome.

48V battery should charge up very quickly when you are not powering engine, off throttle, downhill, coasting etc.

I am not seeing the battery providing any power at any time - occasionally when I take my foot off the accelerator I see flow to the battery, but only for a second or two.
That is because car does not need any motive power in that situation. I would think the only time you really would see the battery helping to power the car is when you floor the accelerator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts