Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a fan of the new logo. Looks like they paid someone a shedload of money to spend 10 minutes with a ruler!

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,436 Posts
I don't like it, but I'm a grumpy old man, so maybe not the best person to express an opinion.
It does remind me during my previous life, before retirement called me. The company I worked for, went through seven different rebranding excercises. Each time the resulting graphics had to be updated on a huge fleet of vehicles, work clothing, shops etc., at eye watering costs.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The new Logo is rubbish, it means nothing whatsoever. At least we knew what KIA was.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Reminds me of the new logo for my previous employer...

As many staff have said. Was it designed by a child?

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
553 Posts
Looks like they paid someone a shedload of money to spend 10 minutes with a ruler!
That is certain to be true!

I don't mind the new logo myself.

I think though, I might have to roll my eyes if KIA now deploy it with an annoying ringtone-esque trill on the end of their TV adverts; witness the recent rebranding of VW (who actually needed a rebranding) and the logo-accompanying trill that sounds like the music from John Craven's Newsround! (one for us the oldies, there)

Reactions: Sad555

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,055 Posts
Looks like KN to me. I suspect Kia will regret the change.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is certain to be true!

I don't mind the new logo myself.

I think though, I might have to roll my eyes if KIA now deploy it with an annoying ringtone-esque trill on the end of their TV adverts; witness the recent rebranding of VW (who actually needed a rebranding) and the logo-accompanying trill that sounds like the music from John Craven's Newsround! (one for us the oldies, there)
At first glance *to me) it looks like 'KN'

·
Registered
963 Posts
Wow, a white VW badge on a blue background instead of a chrome VW badge on a blue background. The badge is exactly the same as its been since the 1940's, a V over a W.

That's not rebranding, its a tin of paint.

Wish i could get work like that.

At least the Kia badge looks different.

·
Registered
963 Posts
So different that you cannot tell what it is supposed to be, it could be for baked beans!
I can see that it says Kia, pretty obvious.

If you want obscure what about Toyota and Mazda, they changed to badges that need explaining.

Wife still gets Honda and Hyundai confused but both are simply an "H" but different fonts.

·
Registered
2020 Sportage GT-Line CRDi
1,436 Posts
So I guess the next question is - will the Kia Owners Club forum adopt the new logo? Just a thought......

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
553 Posts
I saw it was splashed all over the background of whatever tennis tournament is going on at the moment. In my local KIA dealer this week, no sign of new, er, signs...

Shame the corporate colour seems now to be black, rather than red. I suppose the marketing people said red was perceived as base and cheap, and black is sophisticated and powerful. Or some such.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
So I guess the next question is - will the Kia Owners Club forum adopt the new logo? Just a thought......
Well given the time board owners took to respond to your site issue. I expect any update of logo to be at some point long after EV's are no longer for sale due to the amount of pollution they cause 😂

1 - 20 of 22 Posts