Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Picked up my kx3 auto a week ago and am very happy that I went for the sorento. A lot of people I know were shocked I was going for a KIA but now many have seen it they wouldn't mind one themselves.

Anyway I have been looking at the side steps available for it. Has anyone had these fitted? I assume they will support the weight of an adult standing on them. Ive also seen some cobra ones as an alternative to getting the KIA ones but not sure if it will be an easy fit. I'm definitely going to need to get some as the kids find it difficult to get in on there own. Any opinions would be most welcome.

Many thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a cobra stainless steel on my 04 sorento and fitted for 35 minutes in both sides easy to fit and the quality is superb, everytime i wash them it looks brand new and it was 2 years now since i fit them, though the brackets now showing some rust.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
Just bought KX2 auto and have side steps fitted and they look great, yes they will support an adult but they are narrow and I can only just get my toe on, but they would be great for kids to help them get up and in to the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the cobra stainless steel side steps which look great and will support plenty of weight these were supplied by a company at leeming bar which also offer a fitting service, I fit my own but it took my around 1 hour. The steps are not as wide as thepreviousMk2 version of the cobra steps but are still wide enough. the other positive about the steps is that the sturdy circular barb at the edge of the steps stops idiots hitting your car whenthey areopening their doors.I have photos of these fitted to my car if you want to send me your email address. I have attached a link for you

http://www.formula4.co.uk/kia_sorento_accessories_mk3_cobra_side_steps_kia1289.html

regards
Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts