Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
975 Posts
I'm quite interested to try this new engine, there seem to be very few reviews on YouTube at the moment, even as installed in the i30.

The 1.4 T-GDi didn't really do it for me (especially in combination with the DCT) and the 1.6 T-GDi is now unavailable with a manual box. But this 1.5 might fit the bill, and stop me straying from the fold; I can get it with a manual box and/or a sunroof!

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
975 Posts
Bit surprised that Kia did not put the iMT system in this.
Does seem odd, doesn't it? Only available in the Xceed (and indeed Ceed) diesel.

I think that might be the first review I have ever read on Autoexpress that didn't include a comparison to a VW product. Perhaps the cheque hasn't turned-up this month?

As for: "...Since its maximum torque arrives at 1,500rpm, you can keep revs low most of the time. Let them drop below that, though, and it feels a bit lacking – you end up needing more throttle than expected to pull away on a hill, for example" ; anyone doing that needs their licence taken off them.

Reactions: solarpower03
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.