Kia Owners Club Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Hi all,
I am very pleased to report that my vehicle has now had the software update to 200720 and everything is working correctly up to now. I have not had the opportunity to test it fully but all looks good to date. Please anyone out there reading this don't let your dealership fob you off with a software reset, the only thing that works is a full upgrade. The software has been made available to all kia dealerships.

·
Registered
10 Posts
David, my local kia have also updated Milton's car, they called me the other day and said they want to see how Milton gets on with the update they have done as there was a new update a week or two ago which I think he may have. Makes sense to see if it fixes one before putting onto another - its a big update will take about 2 hours !!!!!! Mine is going in on 23 October if all goes well with Milton.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
David, my local kia have also updated Milton's car, they called me the other day and said they want to see how Milton gets on with the update they have done as there was a new update a week or two ago which I think he may have. Makes sense to see if it fixes one before putting onto another - its a big update will take about 2 hours !!!!!! Mine is going in on 23 October if all goes well with Milton.
How interesting kazzie, everyone that has had this update done to their vehicle, including me, have reported that it works and takes about 25 minutes to install. I have no idea why it will take your dealership 2 hours to install it, could there once again be BS in the air?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
How interesting kazzie, everyone that has had this update done to their vehicle, including me, have reported that it works and takes about 25 minutes to install. I have no idea why it will take your dealership 2 hours to install it, could there once again be BS in the air?
I sense no BS. If giving an estimate of the time it takes then you have to factor in some variables:

Will there be someone available to do the job the instant the vehicle arrives?

Will there be workshop space available instantly?

Will the job always go perfectly to plan?

Will every other job preceding this one go perfectly to plan and cause no hold ups?

If all of these questions can be accurately and with confidence then it would be possible to give a better forecast. Is it better to set the customer's expectation at 2 hours and return the vehicle after half an hour or set the expectation at half an hour and have a steaming customer when it takes an hour?

The only way to be able to be sure is to have lots of workshop space and lots of technicians doing nothing for a large part of the time - and such a dealer will go out of business quite quickly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got a 'While You Wait' appointment booked for next Tuesday. Nobody has mentioned 2 hours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I sense no BS. If giving an estimate of the time it takes then you have to factor in some variables:

Will there be someone available to do the job the instant the vehicle arrives?

Will there be workshop space available instantly?

Will the job always go perfectly to plan?

Will every other job preceding this one go perfectly to plan and cause no hold ups?

If all of these questions can be accurately and with confidence then it would be possible to give a better forecast. Is it better to set the customer's expectation at 2 hours and return the vehicle after half an hour or set the expectation at half an hour and have a steaming customer when it takes an hour?

The only way to be able to be sure is to have lots of workshop space and lots of technicians doing nothing for a large part of the time - and such a dealer will go out of business quite quickly.
Yes I agree with some of your comments however, I really don't think any of them apply in kazzies case. Dealerships should be upfront and not mislead customers, its very easy for them to say to a customer "its a 25 minute update but leave it with us for a couple of hours so we can deliver what we say we can" as opposed to " yes it takes 2 hours to do the update". I am sure you will agree there is a big difference ?

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
We don't know exactly what kazzie was told so I'd rather not speculate and assume BS without facts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
We don't know exactly what kazzie was told so I'd rather not speculate and assume BS without facts.
Well said Turnip, I still smell BS as would any reasonable person but I do bow to your opinion.

·
Super Moderator
3,284 Posts
could there once again be BS in the air?
Several times I have seem the BS mentioned.
Can we lay off this please.
Dealers are doing the best they can. As we know only one official Kia dealer. The rest are franchises and they may be part of a larger group using their own systems so Kia info may not feed in correctly.
What may take one dealer 25 mins, may take another a bit longer. they may have one person doing several upgrades at the same time, or only one member of staff that does all system upgrades. Maybe this dealer has had problems with updates in the past and preferers to cover it off.

You seem to attack the dealers & Kia a lot, but I have not seen you say anything positive that this upgrade has fixed the issue.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Several times I have seem the BS mentioned.
Can we lay off this please.
Dealers are doing the best they can. As we know only one official Kia dealer. The rest are franchises and they may be part of a larger group using their own systems so Kia info may not feed in correctly.
What may take one dealer 25 mins, may take another a bit longer. they may have one person doing several upgrades at the same time, or only one member of staff that does all system upgrades. Maybe this dealer has had problems with updates in the past and preferers to cover it off.

You seem to attack the dealers & Kia a lot, but I have not seen you say anything positive that this upgrade has fixed the issue.
Then please read my previous reply when I clearly stated that the upgrade had fixed the problem plus previous reply when I refused to name my dealership because of reasons stated in that post plus my defending hard working sales people at various dealerships. Do any of that meet your stated criteria for not mentioning BS again?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not getting mine done til the end of November (my choice because of work and they're booked up next week when I'm off). After emailing to query it with the sales man, the service dept rang me yesterday. The man was aware of the issue and said would take 30-40 mins. Glad to see reports of it solving the issue. Mine hasn't gone silent regularly recently but I've probably jinxed it now.

Also I still love the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Quick update on my vehicle, it has been a week now since the software update and i have had no problems with the JBL infotainment system at all. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the update but it does appear to work correctly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well that didn't go well. Having sent the dealership a video of the problem and the details of the 'fix' I booked the car in for the Software Update while I waited this afternoon. After waiting an hour and a quarter I was told that the car nerded a Software Update and I would have to book it in gor a full day. When I questioned that I was told that THIS update needed a full day. Examination of my Dashcam (wonderful things) showed that my car did not move and that the technician took precisely 35 seconds examining the problem. I am currently awaiting a more detailed explanation from the Service Manager.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is apparently the response from KIA (UK) (in its entirety)

Regarding the Sportage Qle 21MY (GTLS) loss of sound, I understand that Gen5 Wide Software (2020-2.1), contains the bug fix for this concern.

It's all gobbledegook to me

141 - 157 of 157 Posts