Kia Owners Club Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi David,

I have spoken with Kia today and after kicking up a huge fuss and threatening about returning the car for a full refund (under the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015.) as per the advice from Mr. Macspot, have arranged that my vehicle be brought in tomorrow at 11am for the LATEST SOFTWARE Update.

They then proceeded to tell me that, Kia have only just released this NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE over the past week or so and are confident it will resolve this issue! – LET’S SEE AFTER TOMORROWS APPOINTMENT IF THAT’S ACTUALLY THE CASE OR NOT!

In the meantime, I have followed your instructions and found that when I last took it to Kia for the previous update on the 21st Sept a Software Update;
  • Not only was NO update carried out as there was NO date displayed!
  • The software I have is 200406 NOT 200720
  • 3. Told you I could smell BS!!!!
As a matter of interest, which dealership are you dealing with?

I’m dealing with Kia Brayley in Enfield North London which is a Franchise. They seem quick to point the finger at KIA directly and said that they are powerless to do anything other than what KIA instructs them to do…….. They avoided the question about my consumer rights and stated that they’re trying to work together with me to resolve the issue. I hope that’s the case and not dare to try and brush me aside by refusing to deal with me as your dealership stated. I only picked up the vehicle in the 1st week of Sept and highlighted the issue that same week! One of the sales reps let slip that he’d heard of this issue before, but not lately…….BS!!!
i just rang Brayley Kia in Enfield - couldnt fit me in till friday next week - never heard of it apparently - and I rang them less than an hour and a half ago - seem the BS train is well and truly in motion!!!!!!!!!! You can refer to me if you like. They said i should have the latest version as its a 70 plate and less than a month old - i am fed up with these garages treating us like idiots.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
I am booked in at 3pm tomorrow - 13 October, my software is apparently the most up to date according to Kia customer services. Also two dealerships stating that as its September 20 (70 Plate) it will have the latest software - since when does number 200330 come before 200720 ????

Oh and apparently they take no notice of what is said on Kia forums or from google etc !

Nice to know that Kia are not interested in the issues their customers are having.

This aside the 1.6 T-GDi Petrol DCT doesn't seem to have any of that dangerous accelerator lag my old 2017 1.7 Turbo Diesel had when pulling from standing or low gear onto a fast road - but then the additional 61 horses under the bonnet may have something to do with that !!!!!!!

This was the response I got from KIA main customer services in the UK.

Sent: 08 October 2020 12:34
To:
Subject:
RE: KMUK***** - Your Kia Enquiry

Case Reference – KMUK0***

Dear K*****

Thanks for your recent contact, I apologise for the delay in response.

After speaking with the correct department, I can confirm your Sportage does have the latest software version.

I would advise speaking with the dealer, as they can liaise with our in-house Kia technical team.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or phone on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards
RH

Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia Motors UK
Yes kazzie it does seem that we are banging our heads against an immovable object here but trust me, many people are now reporting this problem to the various dealerships and eventually, with continued pressure, this problem will be resolved. Every company initially takes no notice of a small amount of adverse press or public pressure but, as more and more owners report the same problem eventually it will be solved. Continue to insist on the software update that I have outlined in previous posts and, if you see fit, insist that Kia take an active interest in your case as indeed I did. Please let me know how you progress your complaint, I am sure that every complaining customer will only serve to expedite this matter. Best of luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you David225 - I definitely will not be giving up. I loved my last Sportage (although I hated the dangerous accelerator lag - it was a 1.7 DCT) which was the only reason for not keeping it at renewal. I am just gutted that obviously spending a hard earned £30k+ on a car for it to not be right, and the brand to not take responsibility galls me. I had Toyota's previously and they take a different attitude - they rely on repeat customers and don't treat you like some durr brain. The only reason I didn't go for the Rav 4 was the spec for the money was unjustifiable and I really did like my sportage other than that. I wont be buying another brand new car that is for sure.
:cautious:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Thank you David225 - I definitely will not be giving up. I loved my last Sportage (although I hated the dangerous accelerator lag - it was a 1.7 DCT) which was the only reason for not keeping it at renewal. I am just gutted that obviously spending a hard earned £30k+ on a car for it to not be right, and the brand to not take responsibility galls me. I had Toyota's previously and they take a different attitude - they rely on repeat customers and don't treat you like some durr brain. The only reason I didn't go for the Rav 4 was the spec for the money was unjustifiable and I really did like my sportage other than that. I wont be buying another brand new car that is for sure.
:cautious:
Lol kazzie, I worked for Toyota for a great number of years and that is where I developed my extensive contacts in the automotive industry. I must say that I agree with your comments on Toyota vs Sportage, no comparison. Toyota do have an inherent principal of customer first but they do seem nowadays to be lacking in knowledge of what the customer wants and expects. As for paying 30k plus for these vehicles, omg yes, they (Hyundai, Kia) are making a lot of profit selling defective vehicles that will cost them less than nothing in relative terms to put right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol kazzie, I worked for Toyota for a great number of years and that is where I developed my extensive contacts in the automotive industry. I must say that I agree with your comments on Toyota vs Sportage, no comparison. Toyota do have an inherent principal of customer first but they do seem nowadays to be lacking in knowledge of what the customer wants and expects. As for paying 30k plus for these vehicles, omg yes, they (Hyundai, Kia) are making a lot of profit selling defective vehicles that will cost them less than nothing in relative terms to put right.
David you didnt work in Enfield Toyota by any chance ? If you did you probably sold me a car and you were a good salesman!!!!!!!!!!! I like sales people who dont feed me a load of flannel, I am a straight talking north london girl - if a dealership or any sales people try to mug me off I walk out, refuse to buy and go elsewhere, which is why alas I ended up going 50 miles to buy my Kia - these new breed of sales people know little about the cars they are selling, ask them a technical question and they dont know the answer, so they try to blag it - its a basic principle of sales, know your product and know it well, but all they care about is the sale, the dotted line and their bonus, once they have your money they don't care.:(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
No i actually worked for Toyota Manufacturing, I was involved in the principal of vehicle construction, I could not be a salesman if I tried (some say i am to honest).
I am a straight talking man with principles but I also do not class all sales people as the same. To be honest I found my salesman to be knowledgeable about the vehicle he sold me and that is the full extent of his job, other than to sell obviously. My problem with him arose later when he blatantly tried to mislead me about the extent of the problems with this vehicle model. Yes I took exception to that and told him so to his face. It may be somewhat unfair to class all sales people as con men/women but I do take your point.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi David,

I have spoken with Kia today and after kicking up a huge fuss and threatening about returning the car for a full refund (under the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015.) as per the advice from Mr. Macspot, have arranged that my vehicle be brought in tomorrow at 11am for the LATEST SOFTWARE Update.

They then proceeded to tell me that, Kia have only just released this NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE over the past week or so and are confident it will resolve this issue! – LET’S SEE AFTER TOMORROWS APPOINTMENT IF THAT’S ACTUALLY THE CASE OR NOT!

In the meantime, I have followed your instructions and found that when I last took it to Kia for the previous update on the 21st Sept a Software Update;

I’m dealing with Kia Brayley in Enfield North London which is a Franchise. They seem quick to point the finger at KIA directly and said that they are powerless to do anything other than what KIA instructs them to do…….. They avoided the question about my consumer rights and stated that they’re trying to work together with me to resolve the issue. I hope that’s the case and not dare to try and brush me aside by refusing to deal with me as your dealership stated. I only picked up the vehicle in the 1st week of Sept and highlighted the issue that same week! One of the sales reps let slip that he’d heard of this issue before, but not lately…….BS!!!
Hi,

Not sure if it helps, but my local is Hummingbird Motors in Colindale. Don't think it's too far from you. Anyway, not everyone there knew of the issue (my sales rep didn't), but once I spoke to one of the tech guys, he instantly knew about it and grabbed a usb stick to update it straight away.

I haven't had a great deal of experience with dealerships (this Sportage being my 1st brand new car), but they've always been really nice in there. Its family run, and I got my previous Sportage serviced there. I'd recommend them if you fancy a change!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Hi,

Not sure if it helps, but my local is Hummingbird Motors in Colindale. Don't think it's too far from you. Anyway, not everyone there knew of the issue (my sales rep didn't), but once I spoke to one of the tech guys, he instantly knew about it and grabbed a usb stick to update it straight away.

I haven't had a great deal of experience with dealerships (this Sportage being my 1st brand new car), but they've always been really nice in there. Its family run, and I got my previous Sportage serviced there. I'd recommend them if you fancy a change!
Hi James, how was the update to your car carried out, were you present during the update?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi James, how was the update to your car carried out, were you present during the update?
Yeah, it was a piece of cake. He shoved in a usb stick, pressed a couple of buttons and left it updating. I just sat in the car whilst it did it, just maybe 25mins. Then I gave the usb stick back to him when it finished, and hey presto - done. I didnt have to do anything special after that. Not had a single issue since.

I didn't book an appointment to do it either, my sales rep just said to come in during the week when I can. So I did

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Yeah, it was a piece of cake. He shoved in a usb stick, pressed a couple of buttons and left it updating. I just sat in the car whilst it did it, just maybe 25mins. Then I gave the usb stick back to him when it finished, and hey presto - done. I didnt have to do anything special after that. Not had a single issue since.

I didn't book an appointment to do it either, my sales rep just said to come in during the week when I can. So I did
Wow James my dealership insist that my car has to go to their workshop and be connected to their computer for the update to happen. All of the dealerships I have contacted say the same thing. Wish I had access to your dealership

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Quick update all. I have to go into hospital tomorrow morning so I may be absent from this forum for a while. When I am able to I will update you all of the progress with my vehicle. My dealership have now agreed to collect my vehicle from my home address tomorrow morning before I go to hospital and to upgrade the software. They will deliver the vehicle back to my home address and I have shown my daughter how to check if the software has been upgraded. Keep up the good work all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow James my dealership insist that my car has to go to their workshop and be connected to their computer for the update to happen. All of the dealerships I have contacted say the same thing. Wish I had access to your dealership
Wow, seems to me your dealership need to invest in a £10 usb stick! Hope all goes well at hospital

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Wow, seems to me your dealership need to invest in a £10 usb stick! Hope all goes well at hospital
Thanks. Wish I was a computer expert but I am not. I can only report to this forum the facts as presented to me. You may wish to check your software update corresponds to the new version that others are getting. I understand that individual dealerships go about things differently but at the end of the day a computer is just that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Maybe you would wish to post a picture of your software screen in the vehicle showing the software version installed and the date the installation was carried out. This would of course give others the ammunition to say to a dealership " hey look this guy had a usb upgrade, why can't I". Maybe something for you to consider just to help others?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe you would wish to post a picture of your software screen in the vehicle showing the software version installed and the date the installation was carried out. This would of course give others the ammunition to say to a dealership " hey look this guy had a usb upgrade, why can't I". Maybe something for you to consider just to help others?
I got the same update as Mr Biochem near the beginning of the thread. I've attached
Screenshot_20200913-113936_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi David,

Milton how
Did you get on ? My trip to Ken brown didn’t go well , started tomtell
Me dab signal not good at the moment blah blah blah , so I said dab stops the sat nav volume and all other car sounds too - i am
Fed up with people treating us like utter bloody mugs - They then said they have to test the software that Kia sent before they upload it maybe another month - again did I fall off the mug tree. So I’m fuming half a days annual leave wasted .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nope, neither has mine. I was just told that the updates would be done when the car went in for its Annual Service, no clue how

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When the dealer updated the software on my Sportage he installed it via the usb port👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, new here but just purchased a brand new 2020 Sportage gt line s and a few days later all of the sound systems in the vehicle did not work. The radio displayed the playing channel but with no sound, same applied to the sat nav, media player, phone etc.
The vehicle has been back to the dealership who have tried to correct the problem. They had the vehicle for 7 days after which I collected it, in working order, but the following day the problem came back. Also the Forward Collision Avoidance System appears not to operate (it is switched on in the menu) and the UVO systems sometimes fails to recognise that the vehicle has been driven. My initial reaction was to reject the vehicle but because I am disabled and obviously need access to a reliable vehicle the legal advice is for me to work with the dealership to correct or replace the vehicle.
Anyone else out there experienced these problems?
Hello I also have the same vehicle just bought a few weeks ago 70 plate and am experiencing the same issues, currently the dealer has offered a software reset

·
Registered
3 Posts
Milton how
Did you get on ? My trip to Ken brown didn’t go well , started tomtell
Me dab signal not good at the moment blah blah blah , so I said dab stops the sat nav volume and all other car sounds too - i am
Fed up with people treating us like utter bloody mugs - They then said they have to test the software that Kia sent before they upload it maybe another month - again did I fall off the mug tree. So I’m fuming half a days annual leave wasted .
Can I ask how you saw the software number or where? I’d like to know what I currently have before they say they have done it

121 - 140 of 157 Posts