Kia Owners Club Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, i would be very interested to know if the software update you are given is ending in 200720 same as Mr Biochem. Could you please let me know as mine is going in for a software update next Thursday.
My appointment is for the 20th, so good luck with yours

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I have just had a call from the sales director at my dealership to inform me that they will update the software in my vehicle next week but following that they will have no dealings with me, they will refuse to service my vehicle or to repair it under kia warranty. How strange, by standing up for my consumer rights the dealership thinks they can just refuse to deal with me. I have of course referred this to kia head office who have yet to comment.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I have just had a call from the sales director at my dealership to inform me that they will update the software in my vehicle next week but following that they will have no dealings with me, they will refuse to service my vehicle or to repair it under kia warranty. How strange, by standing up for my consumer rights the dealership thinks they can just refuse to deal with me. I have of course referred this to kia head office who have yet to comment.
What a lovely helpful dealership you have there :mad:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Been to my dealership this morning, but they need to speak to Kia first and have a SD Card sent with instructions, yet on their internal forum it's a known issue but I am the first customer to bring it to there attention.

It did exactly the same this morning, so I recorded it and showed the Service guy, what I find strange is Why they thought the need to test drive it?
Luckily I have a Tracker on mine as well as Uvo, but what did concern me is why you would need to test drive it in the first place but also why you would need to do 48mph in a 30mph?

They have the 'Latest' software version on theirs which is the glitchy one, so I guess once they get the SD card, they'll be able to do mine and anyone else's.

So unfortunately for me, I've got to wait a little while longer to have this sorted.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Been to my dealership this morning, but they need to speak to Kia first and have a SD Card sent with instructions, yet on their internal forum it's a known issue but I am the first customer to bring it to there attention.

It did exactly the same this morning, so I recorded it and showed the Service guy, what I find strange is Why they thought the need to test drive it?
Luckily I have a Tracker on mine as well as Uvo, but what did concern me is why you would need to test drive it in the first place but also why you would need to do 48mph in a 30mph?

They have the 'Latest' software version on theirs which is the glitchy one, so I guess once they get the SD card, they'll be able to do mine and anyone else's.

So unfortunately for me, I've got to wait a little while longer to have this sorted.
As far as I'm aware the Sportage doesn't have a slot for an SD card unless there's a hidden one somewhere for maintenance purposes. I hope this gets sorted for you at your next appointment. Fingers crossed, I have an appointment for a 'Software Update' on 20th, no questions so far. I don't understand why this update has been made available to all dealers as a routine matter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The SD card slot that holds the map data - bottom right of the AV screen in the black trim - is where "Software updates" on an SD card go during the update process.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The SD card slot that holds the map data - bottom right of the AV screen in the black trim - is where "Software updates" on an SD card go during the update process.
Thanks for that, I've never noticed a slot there

·
Registered
172 Posts
You may be an awkward customer in their opinion but does that give them the right not to provide Warranty cover by way of servicing for your vehicle. What if you live in a remote part of the country with no other Kia Dealers within a practical traveling distance. The Dealer my say they do not wish to deal with you but can they refuse to service the car if driven into them by another person?
Anyway, I doubt you would actually wish to take it to them so could you name this dealership so that we can all make an informed choice as to whether we wish to take business to them. You have not been defamatory towards them so naming them should not be an issue.
I also look forward to hearing the response from KIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, new here but just purchased a brand new 2020 Sportage gt line s and a few days later all of the sound systems in the vehicle did not work. The radio displayed the playing channel but with no sound, same applied to the sat nav, media player, phone etc.
The vehicle has been back to the dealership who have tried to correct the problem. They had the vehicle for 7 days after which I collected it, in working order, but the following day the problem came back. Also the Forward Collision Avoidance System appears not to operate (it is switched on in the menu) and the UVO systems sometimes fails to recognise that the vehicle has been driven. My initial reaction was to reject the vehicle but because I am disabled and obviously need access to a reliable vehicle the legal advice is for me to work with the dealership to correct or replace the vehicle.
Anyone else out there experienced these problems?
Hi all, new here but just purchased a brand new 2020 Sportage gt line s and a few days later all of the sound systems in the vehicle did not work. The radio displayed the playing channel but with no sound, same applied to the sat nav, media player, phone etc.
The vehicle has been back to the dealership who have tried to correct the problem. They had the vehicle for 7 days after which I collected it, in working order, but the following day the problem came back. Also the Forward Collision Avoidance System appears not to operate (it is switched on in the menu) and the UVO systems sometimes fails to recognise that the vehicle has been driven. My initial reaction was to reject the vehicle but because I am disabled and obviously need access to a reliable vehicle the legal advice is for me to work with the dealership to correct or replace the vehicle.
Anyone else out there experienced these problems?
Hi David,
I purchased a brand-new Kia Sportage 1.6 GT S Line last month.
I too have issues with the Radio, Navigation, phone system etc..... It virtually has a mind of its own. I get in the vehicle, go through the star procedure and Pot Luck has it if the system works or it doesn't. Like yourself, the radio displays the channel but with no sound, same with to the Navigation System, and phone connection when I receive calls - In short NO SOUND IS OMITTED FROM THE SPEAKERS!
i have taken it back to Kia and they have told me they've checked the system and done a software update. I find it hard to believe that a software update is needed on a brand-new month-old car!
I can smell BS in the air I'm afraid!!...
I'm told they will change the entire system and charge it to Kia directly as they are a Kia Franchise. I'm waiting to hear from them today, be interesting to see what they say this second time around concerning the same issue!
In my opinion, it seems there's a design fault and they're NOT saying!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hi David,
I purchased a brand-new Kia Sportage 1.6 GT S Line last month.
I too have issues with the Radio, Navigation, phone system etc..... It virtually has a mind of its own. I get in the vehicle, go through the star procedure and Pot Luck has it if the system works or it doesn't. Like yourself, the radio displays the channel but with no sound, same with to the Navigation System, and phone connection when I receive calls - In short NO SOUND IS OMITTED FROM THE SPEAKERS!
i have taken it back to Kia and they have told me they've checked the system and done a software update. I find it hard to believe that a software update is needed on a brand-new month-old car!
I can smell BS in the air I'm afraid!!...
I'm told they will change the entire system and charge it to Kia directly as they are a Kia Franchise. I'm waiting to hear from them today, be interesting to see what they say this second time around concerning the same issue!
In my opinion, it seems there's a design fault and they're NOT saying!
Hi Milton and thanks for your response. I also smell BS in the air around this issue and have therefore done extensive research into this problem which, despite what Kia may say, can be traced back to as early as 2013.
There is an easy way to see if your dealership have done a software update and its this, go to your car, turn on the ignition and then go to the button marked setup on the dashboard. Select General and the Version info/Update screen will pop up. If the software version ends in 200720 then you have the latest software. Also that screen will show the date that the software was updated, if no date is shown then no upgrade has been performed. My vehicle is due to have this software upgrade on Thursday. The owners of similar vehicles that have had this upgraded software all report that it works.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Milton and thanks for your response. I also smell BS in the air around this issue and have therefore done extensive research into this problem which, despite what Kia may say, can be traced back to as early as 2013.
There is an easy way to see if your dealership have done a software update and its this, go to your car, turn on the ignition and then go to the button marked setup on the dashboard. Select General and the Version info/Update screen will pop up. If the software version ends in 200720 then you have the latest software. Also that screen will show the date that the software was updated, if no date is shown then no upgrade has been performed. My vehicle is due to have this software upgrade on Thursday. The owners of similar vehicles that have had this upgraded software all report that it works.
I have mine booked in for next Tuesday (smply because it wasn't convenient for me to have an earlier date) and they will do it while I wait. Because it is an intermittent and unprecictable problem I have emailed a video of the problem (and the Reset) to the Service Manager and the relevant Sales Person who sold me the car. I have mentioned the above Software Update and I don't think I can have done much more to help resolve the problem. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I have mine booked in for next Tuesday (smply because it wasn't convenient for me to have an earlier date) and they will do it while I wait. Because it is an intermittent and unprecictable problem I have emailed a video of the problem (and the Reset) to the Service Manager and the relevant Sales Person who sold me the car. I have mentioned the above Software Update and I don't think I can have done much more to help resolve the problem. Fingers crossed

Indeed, fingers crossed. Please let me know the outcome so that this forum can continue to help other owners in the same position.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Indeed, fingers crossed. Please let me know the outcome so that this forum can continue to help other owners in the same position.
I most certainly will, Forums can be hugely helpful for new and long-term owners. I think you're car is being done before mine, but the more updates and results the better

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Hi, my MY21 vehicle does not have a SD slot on the dashboard any more. The tech people tell me it was done away with in newer models.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
You may be an awkward customer in their opinion but does that give them the right not to provide Warranty cover by way of servicing for your vehicle. What if you live in a remote part of the country with no other Kia Dealers within a practical traveling distance. The Dealer my say they do not wish to deal with you but can they refuse to service the car if driven into them by another person?
Anyway, I doubt you would actually wish to take it to them so could you name this dealership so that we can all make an informed choice as to whether we wish to take business to them. You have not been defamatory towards them so naming them should not be an issue.
I also look forward to hearing the response from KIA
Hi, I do not wish to name the dealership because by doing so may adversely affect the genuine hardworking sales people there. A 'so called decision ' by the sales director should not adversely affect all of the other staff there. It seems that Kia agree with my accessment of the situation and therefore servicing and warranty problems will be honoured.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi, my MY21 vehicle does not have a SD slot on the dashboard any more. The tech people tell me it was done away with in newer models.
Nope, neither has mine. I was just told that the updates would be done when the car went in for its Annual Service, no clue how

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi David,

I have spoken with Kia today and after kicking up a huge fuss and threatening about returning the car for a full refund (under the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015.) as per the advice from Mr. Macspot, have arranged that my vehicle be brought in tomorrow at 11am for the LATEST SOFTWARE Update.

They then proceeded to tell me that, Kia have only just released this NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE over the past week or so and are confident it will resolve this issue! – LET’S SEE AFTER TOMORROWS APPOINTMENT IF THAT’S ACTUALLY THE CASE OR NOT!

In the meantime, I have followed your instructions and found that when I last took it to Kia for the previous update on the 21st Sept a Software Update;
  • Not only was NO update carried out as there was NO date displayed!
  • The software I have is 200406 NOT 200720
  • 3. Told you I could smell BS!!!!
As a matter of interest, which dealership are you dealing with?

I’m dealing with Kia Brayley in Enfield North London which is a Franchise. They seem quick to point the finger at KIA directly and said that they are powerless to do anything other than what KIA instructs them to do…….. They avoided the question about my consumer rights and stated that they’re trying to work together with me to resolve the issue. I hope that’s the case and not dare to try and brush me aside by refusing to deal with me as your dealership stated. I only picked up the vehicle in the 1st week of Sept and highlighted the issue that same week! One of the sales reps let slip that he’d heard of this issue before, but not lately…….BS!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I do not wish to name the dealership because by doing so may adversely affect the genuine hardworking sales people there. A 'so called decision ' by the sales director should not adversely affect all of the other staff there. It seems that Kia agree with my assessment of the situation and therefore servicing and warranty problems will be honoured.
I am booked in at 3pm tomorrow - 13 October, my software is apparently the most up to date according to Kia customer services. Also two dealerships stating that as its September 20 (70 Plate) it will have the latest software - since when does number 200330 come before 200720 ????

Oh and apparently they take no notice of what is said on Kia forums or from google etc !

Nice to know that Kia are not interested in the issues their customers are having.

This aside the 1.6 T-GDi Petrol DCT doesn't seem to have any of that dangerous accelerator lag my old 2017 1.7 Turbo Diesel had when pulling from standing or low gear onto a fast road - but then the additional 61 horses under the bonnet may have something to do with that !!!!!!!

This was the response I got from KIA main customer services in the UK.

Sent: 08 October 2020 12:34
To:
Subject:
RE: KMUK***** - Your Kia Enquiry

Case Reference – KMUK0***

Dear K*****

Thanks for your recent contact, I apologise for the delay in response.

After speaking with the correct department, I can confirm your Sportage does have the latest software version.

I would advise speaking with the dealer, as they can liaise with our in-house Kia technical team.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or phone on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards
RH

Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia Motors UK

101 - 120 of 157 Posts