Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just drove my white kia soul echo home wot a car plenty looks on way home big change to my wee punto any advice anyone has would be much appriecated thanks :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there mate no advice for you really ..just keep looking cool in the echo hopefully ido cos i got black one as christmas prezzy to myself i get loads of looks as im driving about....enjoy the echo

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Advice?..... protect it against stone chips, dont expect super economy and accept that the looks of the bigger wheels outweight the lumpy ride..... then you will get on just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fir the advice ive not had a chance to see how everything works was wondering how u guys clean yours wots the best way to dodge the stone chips just where its parked
Or
Do
U have a secret lol

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
the only way to stop the stone chips is to never actually use the car!, or have the nose covered with the protective film (paintshield, ventureshield etc) and get some bigger mudflaps to protect the lower rear doors from flicking stones up. And tailgating other cars is a big no no too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice tempest really enjoying the soul at the min just need a wee learners course lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ive started to park awAy from the kerbs lol ive brought
It to work with me tonight everybody wants a look lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Second that about the curbs. First thing I did when I drove the car home was to scuff the alloy on the curb as I parked - damn 18" wheels!Never had a problem with stone chips in the year that I owned it but I did have a BIG problem with bugs. I mean that thing is a born insect killer. If you doing long trips in the summer invest in some bug cleaning spray and keep it handy in the boot.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you do happen to catch the nice big black wheels keep a small tin of smooth black Hamerite handy with a small paint brush and just touch the paint up.This stops any further damage to the paint work until you can get it repaired , if the damage is to much then it covers it ok and you can live with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts