Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Actually gave it a bit of a thrashing the other day and it goes rather well, but the Bandit is still faster in 2nd gear LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all just had a rio 2 1.25 does anybodyknow if it has a headlight left on warning alarm if so mine not working .thanks stokie.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi stokie as far as i can remember it does'nt have an audible alarm,they automatically switch off on key removal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So how is everyone finding their new Kia Rio's then? I'm absolutely loving the drive. Something i've discovered on the 3 spec is if the temperature is below 2 degrees, on go the heated seats! Aboslutely love it!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Our Rio is going great and nearly has 5000 miles on it. The only down side is that some t**ser has decided that the rear NS door would look better with a dent in it, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yep same here Rio 2 1.25 going great 2500 miles averaging 42MPG,also have a small dint on the O/S rear where the door crease is think it was done by 'Catweasel' in a clapped out Volvo in Asda carpark,
Park it in the mother & child spaces now more room.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Five months on from new, 1900 mainly local miles on the clock (I am retired), mpg on my Rio 1.4 '3' petrol has crept up from 31 to 35 (much better on a long run). Love almost everything about the car, especially heated front seats and rain-sensing wipers BUT oh those annoying dash rattles. I find this forum most informative so thanks to all the contributers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you drvining it fairly hard YoungAtHeart or do you do mainly extra urban trips? Your MPG seems a little low.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been a little disappointed with the economy of my Rio 1.4 petrol but the mpg I quoted is for Urban driving as I rarely exceed 7-8 miles in a typical journey. I thought that I drove fairly economically, observing the local urban speed limits (more or less), avoiding hard acceleration & heavy breaking.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ah, makes sense then. I do quite a combined 40m round trip each working day and that is getting me 41.4 at the moment. Climbing very slowly and done 1500m so far.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts