Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I will pick up my first Kia this Friday March 26th and I am really looking forward to it.
I am getting a Proceed GT registered last March 2020 with under 3000 on the clock. I love the 7 year warranty.
I have only seen one other GT on the road and that was on the M4 a few weeks back now, are they not that popular or just not in my area which is Berkshire?
Any tips and shortcuts for all the gadgets on the car would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to learning lots on this forum.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Just to pick up on the warranty.....
Do remember that the 7 year warranty only stays intact if you have a full Kia Dealer service history so I'd expect your new car to have had its first service.
It is supposed to be possible to service outside the dealer network but from many, many forum posts on all models, it really isn't worth it for the hassle if a warranty claim is needed.
It is generally cheaper to book a service online through Kia website than doing it on a yearly "walk in" price. If your dealer is doing a multi year service deal and you intend keeping it then also worth thinking about but check Kia online prices first.
Apart from that, enjoy your new car!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum
Just to pick up on the warranty.....
Do remember that the 7 year warranty only stays intact if you have a full Kia Dealer service history so I'd expect your new car to have had its first service.
It is supposed to be possible to service outside the dealer network but from many, many forum posts on all models, it really isn't worth it for the hassle if a warranty claim is needed.
It is generally cheaper to book a service online through Kia website than doing it on a yearly "walk in" price. If your dealer is doing a multi year service deal and you intend keeping it then also worth thinking about but check Kia online prices first.
Apart from that, enjoy your new car!! :)
Hi, yeah. The car was the demo car for a Kia dealership and it had it's first service there last week. I was going to prepay some services up front for the next two to start with at a Kia dealership then continue after that.
I am really looking forward to the car for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts