Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have just bought a 55 plate diesel Sedona SEwith 49k on the clock from a dealer in Devon.
I also run an 02 plate Renault Laguna II 1.9 DCi, so I am used to diesels, towing, long mileage etc but new to Kias.
I welcome any advice from existing experienced owners and currently have the following challenges:
1) I can't get sound via the radio from the Rosen A7 DVD player - I have no headphones or remote control at present;2) I can't get the two interior lights in the DVD player to switch off unless I kill all of the lights in the back via the dashboard switch;
3) I need a service manual, something like the Haynes, are these readily available?

Sorry I write so large but, although I can spot a topless woman on the beach from 300 yards, I need myglasses on touse the PC without large type.

Thank you in advance of any advice.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. I've had my 02 Sedona for a couple of years now and for towing the caravan and motorway driving it's excellent. I get about 30 mpg while towing (diesel manual) depending on conditions.I think you've made a good choice in the Sedona and wish you many years of trouble free motoring with it.
Can't offer any advice re your problems but I see you've asked Bruno for a manual.

So you're a Kentish man also , I'm in Ashford.

Hmmm -- 300 yards eh? What sort of binoculars are you using ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to know someone else in Kent owns one - I'm from Sussex originally but have lived here in Kent for 3 years now.
Another thing puzzles me - how do you get it so that the interior lights all come on with a door opening without the DVD player lights staying on after the interior lights have gone out?

·
Registered
437 Posts
The A7 Rosen didnt come with an fm modulator so without headphones its pretty much useless, especially as the headphones are so hard to get hold of. Being you have a problem with the lights also... id say get rid. They were not very reliable to any way and would cost around £80 to get fixed by Continental (who deal with Rosen and cobra electronics - yes it is the tyre company)

No chance of aservice manual either im afraid, but they are quite easy to work on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again everyone,

I have taken a few pictures & thought I'd share them with you. Now all I have to do is work out how!

Erm... could someone please help with this???

I have had the car now for three weeks now and covered 1,000 miles in the first ten days of ownership. Last Friday some (expletive not included) put a small dent in my driver's doorin a supermarket car park, two hours after I had it hand washed& polishedand is lucky I don't know where he or she lives.

I am just about to undertake the fitting of a replacement DVD player. Might need advice. Bit scared to disconnect the battery

Edited by: Mark Everest

·
Registered
437 Posts
Dont really need to disconnect battery as dvd is only live with ignition on. So aslong as you leave it off it will be fine apart from the cable for the courtesy lights but as long as they dont touch your ok.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Gotta say, I didnt disconnect my battery when I did mine, cause it always causes more problems than not. I know you should though.Just need to be really careful with wires. take key out of ignition and keep wire apart. Really wasnt an issue with my upgrade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.