Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Kia people,

Just purchased a used Kia Optima CRDI 4 2017, with 45k miles! I’m very excited.

I understand this particular trim was not on sale for very long, and was replaced with hybrid/sport variants in 2018.

Just wondering if there’s anyone else on here with the 4 trim, and how it’s been for you guys?

Likes and dislikes?

Look forward to hearing from you, and contributing to others’ in due course.

Iain

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Just wondering if there’s anyone else on here with the 4 trim, and how it’s been for you guys? Likes and dislikes?
Welcome to the forum, 'Iain'.

You are one of a fairly small number of Optima owners here as the model was sold in fairly low numbers in the UK although it sold well in the USA.

If you haven't already done so, a look through the 2016-on sub-forum will provide some interesting comments about the model which has now been dropped from the KIA range in the UK.

I hope you enjoy the car and the excellent DCT gearbox which takes a little time to fully understand and master in order to get the best from it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Indalo, glad to be here! I realise there are not many optima 4 trim in the uk, but I figured this would be a good place to find them 🤞. Buying used, I opted for the 4 trim over the sport variant, as I wanted the softer suspension setup for the rural roads where I live. I believe the gt variant was ‘firmed’ up for a sportier ride, although I haven’t driven either as of yet.

I’m expecting delivery of the vehicle in the next hour or so.

I’ve experienced both manual and fully automatic setups before:
Do you have any advice or tips for driving style adjustments using a DCT?

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Indalo, glad to be here! I realise there are not many optima 4 trim in the uk, but I figured this would be a good place to find them 🤞. Buying used, I opted for the 4 trim over the sport variant, as I wanted the softer suspension setup for the rural roads where I live. I believe the gt variant was ‘firmed’ up for a sportier ride, although I haven’t driven either as of yet.

I’m expecting delivery of the vehicle in the next hour or so.

I’ve experienced both manual and fully automatic setups before:
Do you have any advice or tips for driving style adjustments using a DCT?

thanks
I have a 2017 GT Line S and I do find the ride firm and a bit lumpy over poor roads, probably not helped by the big tyres as is the case with many cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2017 GT Line S and I do find the ride firm and a bit lumpy over poor roads, probably not helped by the big tyres as is the case with many cars.
Thanks ooorya, that’s interesting indeed. The gt line must be quite a bit firmer then the crdi 4 then; I’ve been out for a 30 minute drive twice now in the CRDI 4 and I was actually surprised at how comfortable it was over the rural roads! I’d previously been driving a Mercedes C Class with air suspension, and was expecting to notice a huge difference - but honestly I’m really pleased at how well the optima crdi 4 handles the B roads. It really is a lovely car! Smooth and soft and luxurious feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts