Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After agonizing over the spec to go for I have finally chosen and ordered the totally gorgeous Kia Optima 2 tech in bright silver-i should have it in 10 days. I'll be sad to part with my Kia Sportage but needs must and with rising fuel prices I had to change. I chose this model coz I like music mainly and that Infinity sound system is the dogs ...........! So I'll post up some pics of her as soon as I get it and let you know how she drives. Incidentally any one out there got this spec? Cheers Johnathan .Belfast

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congratulations, you are now in a very small amount of people who have these! Would be intrested to see it in silver and with some pics of the sound system.

You will defiantly get good fuel economy, I can vouch for that!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi there,

My father in-law ordered the Optima '3' spec last week in the dark blue metallic - his car is en-route and due at the end of the month. Can't wait to see it for real! All of the dealerships near us only have the '2' grade demonstrators.

Have to say how impressed I was with the dealership (same one I got my car from in November). He asked if he could try both a Sportage and an Optima and they let him take both away on his own for half a day test drive in each so he could really get a feel for living with them both.

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi micman,
Your father in- law is very lucky, I ordered an Optima 3 Auto in Pearl White on 4th Feb from main dealer in Derbyand have been told I will have to wait 3 to 4 months for delivery, will keep you informed if it were to arrive sooner.

Tony Dulson

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi Tony

Yeah was in luck, he wanted the Blue and sure enough there was a one spec '3' Optima in blue already built, on the database and on it's way over to the UK - he was able to put his name against that one! Very fortunate with the timing. We were expecting a much much longer wait.

Bet you're getting excited, I know he is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys my new optima arrived last night at the dealership but I can't get her now as insurance company closed due to Good Friday so now have to wait til next wed evening grrrrr-looking forward to driving this thing-will post pics if its not too difficult to do so.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't Kia give you seven days free insurance anyway? They did for mine although I already had my insurance in place. Just a thought.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is true Kia will arrange cover for you, they did that for me also. No harm in asking especially if it gets you on the road quicker, I would imagine your desperate to get your car

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes I was told by the dealership about that 7-day insurance for free but have decided to wait til wed to get mine. Steveski I'll let you know what the ride quality is like on thurs after I've driven her about a bit but I currently drive a Kia Sportage CRDI First Edition and the ride is firm in that but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. However if the ride is "out of the ordinary firm" you'll be the first to know. I used to drive a Volkswagen Passat CC- a beautiful car and 3 settings for the ride-normal/sport/comfort-none of those as firm as my sportage but you just get used to it. Will be sad to part with the sportage but hey its a lump of metal lol-trying to make myself feel better about parting with the sportage but the fuel-hungry sportage is just too expensive and I know the Optima will be lighter on my pocket. If I can post pics I will as long as its not too difficult. Regards Johnathan, Belfast

·
Registered
73 Posts
You will have no problems forgetting about the Sportage once you get your Optima I can assure you, the Optima is brilliant and so cheap to run I think you will be impressed. My last Mondeo 1.8LX only gave me 24MPG in town and when I drove down to Edinburgh or Glasgow it only went up to 28MPG and now when I see the Optima giving much more power for less fuel I wonder why I kept the Mondeo for so long. Actually now you have mentioned getting used to the ride comfort I am getting used to the Optima.
Good luck for Thursday mate and enjoy the moment

·
Registered
9 Posts
I collected the Tech saturday before last.Great drive. cd stuck in the radio was told had DAB cannot find this watching economy carefully

·
Registered
137 Posts
walter1 said:
I collected the Tech saturday before last.Great drive. cd stuck in the radio was told had DAB cannot find this watching economy carefully
thats strange about the CD, have you taken it back to kia? fuel for at least the first 1000 miles where erratic for me, afterwards they settled. mine sits at over 50mpg on a regular basis which i think is pretty darn good.
welcome to the Optima club Walter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts