Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I've been driving ford focus cars for years but last week i thought sod it. Go for something different. And i love the looks of this sportage. 12 plate for £7641. 39500 miles only. Body sound. Looks great. Plenty of space and immaculate. I pick it up next week. But why i am still unsure ?

Read reviews on it and the drive of it doesn't get good reviews.

I've checked the mots. Broken coil spring back in april 19 and excessive wheel bearing play failed the mot. 3 days later it passed. Phoned that mot centre up. Fella very helpful. He remembered the car even saying the car was repaired by himself. Only one spring replaced. Other than that he said the car was in excellent nick.

Since then its been traded in. On the forecourt since September 19. At £7641 for a car that looks fantastic with under 40k on the clock......why has no one snapped it up......

It seems just to good to be true. It looks like it with last more 5 years what is the time i need to keep it for......

Please someone.....give me some advice or encouragement.....fuel filter and loss of power problems that i have read terrify me.....just fell like I'm making a big mistake somehow.

Any replies welcome

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hi everyone.

I've been driving ford focus cars for years but last week i thought sod it. Go for something different. And i love the looks of this sportage. 12 plate for £7641. 39500 miles only. Body sound. Looks great. Plenty of space and immaculate. I pick it up next week. But why i am still unsure ?

Read reviews on it and the drive of it doesn't get good reviews.

I've checked the mots. Broken coil spring back in april 19 and excessive wheel bearing play failed the mot. 3 days later it passed. Phoned that mot centre up. Fella very helpful. He remembered the car even saying the car was repaired by himself. Only one spring replaced. Other than that he said the car was in excellent nick.

Since then its been traded in. On the forecourt since September 19. At £7641 for a car that looks fantastic with under 40k on the clock......why has no one snapped it up......

It seems just to good to be true. It looks like it with last more 5 years what is the time i need to keep it for......

Please someone.....give me some advice or encouragement.....fuel filter and loss of power problems that i have read terrify me.....just fell like I'm making a big mistake somehow.

Any replies welcome

Cheers
Hi Chris47 welcome to the KIA Forums, not sure what to say regarding your purchase only that I moved over from being a staunch Peugeot fan back in 2016 when I bought a new 1.7 diesel ISG and had 38,000 odd miles of uninterrupted trouble free motoring and have now moved to a new 2019 1.6 auto, so far I`m a very happy bunny

I will add that if you were to post your message in the relevant KIA Sportage 2010 -2016 sub forum where other like minded owners could help you with your quest and hopefully you may find the answers yourself by reading the other comments and posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

Had my 2013 KX4 for a year now been more than happy, Rides smoothly on long journey's driving position is good.
With the seats down there is plenty of room,
Can't fault the spec. Even warranty work done on a 77K car all in pretty good.
Even considering a newer version.
I would say go for it if it proves not to be for you then just pass it on.

I have just got the wife a 2016 Mokka and although similar in spec the ride of the Mokka is harsh compared to the Sportage.
I am sure that you will enjoy it.....just my ten penneth.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I can't comment on the car in question and why no one has bought it, who knows.
There's a bigger picture to be had.

One thing to try and find out is how many owners it's had.
If it's had a change of ownership in the last 12 months, then maybe you should ask yourself why.

Maybe the last owner had it for 7 years and has decided to trade it in since the 7 year warranty has expired.

For your own piece of mind, insist that it has some sort of warranty, but read the small print, make sure it's not one that would fail to pay out becuase it broke down on day with the letter D in it.

What I can say, is that I'm on my second one now. A 2012 model which I kept for 5 years and a 2016 model, which I've had going on for 3.

Buying a used car is always a risk, and you'll always have doubts until your confidence builds in the car or brand.

Try and find the 5th gear program which was aired last night (05.12.19), or last weeks.
Both have reviews on Kia cars, and both of them good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts