Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what I did today

Not bad, if I do say so myself, especially for the £300 I paid for it (including £70 to Customs
).

Now onto stage two of the project, the reversing camera and the DVB-T antenna installation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steering wheel controls mapped to head unit ok apart from telephone buttons. No joy on these as yet, but I was kind of expecting this from what I had read on other forums. Bluetooth works great and I have been informed I sound much clearer on hands free now than with the stock head unit. The sound quality and volume appear to be better than the stock unit also, just want to get my TV aerial installed so I can make full use of the unit!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same unit (it seems) in mine here in Australia. Problems I had was that although advertised as "plug 'n' play" there was no way it was going to work without someone with a bit of car audio knowledge and logic to be involved. I could get most things to work, but no sound or steering wheel controls. Ended up paying to have it installed and still couldn't get front to rear fade to work, steering wheel controls don't/won'twork which I find annoying, and the screen is very difficult to read in bright sunlight. Supplier has sent another wiring loom and when I get the time I will have another go at it.
But, on the positive, as treehugger says, the sound is great, the GPS works a treat, and it looks as if it should have always been there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts