Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone.
I've just joined the forum. I picked up my Sportage 2.0 CRDi First Edition in Sirius Silver last Saturday and after one week am very impressed with it. I've just changed from a Discovery 3 so I have found all round visability to be down (unsurprisingly) but I'm sure I'll get used to it. At least it's going to be a darn sight cheaper to tax and fill with diesel :) Going to give it a longer run this weekend so will report back.
I've had a look around at other comments and have to say that my hill start seems to be working fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Mate.

I've had mine (exact same spec) for just short of a week now. Loving it, although I've never managed to get the hill start to work either, not in the demostrator or mine. Not really tried that hard, but everytime I've took my foot off the break on a hill it's rolled back a little.

Currently pulling 33 mpg on the trip computer (only 300 miles, mixed driving). Hopefully that pcks up a bit over the next few thousands miles.

Slim

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now 2 weeks old.
HILL START:
The hill start only seems to work AFTER you have moved off uphill in 1st gear, then dipped the clutch and held it on the foot brake ready to move off again. I don't think it works if you stop on a hill then select first gear.
Had a run to London and back last weekend. Very pleased with it. Sporty, responsive and comfortable.
Just under 300 miles on the clock now and like Slim's car it's currently showing 33.5 mpg. I too hope this improves with time given that Kia claim 40mpg urban, 52mpg extra-urban and 47mpg combined as that's one of the reasons I bought it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The car seems to be getting the thumbs up! I'm waiting for the second edition.....in theory coming in mid November..I assume it will be the same spec as the first edition? Looks to be fairly loaded up with goodies. I doa lot of miles and was toying with the idea of having the bodywork treated with that film to help keep thpaint in good nick and chip free......does it actually work? :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got Supaguard protection done for free on mine. Time will tell I guess . . . There does appear to be streaks over the plastic wheel arch trim and lower trim which I assume is from this. Will it come off or will I have to use 'back to black' or similar - don't know - haven't washed it yet!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi guys, Had mine 2weeks same colour etc as yours Griffo, now done 600mls and fuel consumtion showing 44mpg mixed driving I admit I've been driving like a granny though like the manual says for first 600mls, when I had a test drive in the sportage the one I had then had 1200mls on the clock so I reset the average fuel consumtion and took it for a two hour drive on motorway and through Manchester and that was showing 46mpg when I got back to the dealers so things should get better for you.
. by the way I had the superguard on my sorento and it dont stop stone chips I dont think anything does apart from that plastic film stuff (which i don't know much about)
I haven't had a problem with the hill start though it seems to work the same as on the smart car I had which depends on the steepness of the gradient I find,
Edited by: kiaman

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for the feedback....looks like superguard is the way forward, was hoping they would help with the stone chips too though....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I only got the wheel insurance from my dealers. Will cover 10 re-finishes for the alloys plus 6 puncture repairs/replacements.
I know I'l cerb the alloys at some point a good few times as well no doubt.

Didnt bother with the paint guards, not worth the money in my experience, especially given the mileage I do.

Slim

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Jonathan, Its a paint and interior protection treatment, the dealers tend to push it from £200 upwards, I had it free on my sorento and did not find any difference to any other good quality polish, I personaly use autoglym body wash and conditioner and autoglym super resin polish which I find very good, they also do a wax to go on after the polish which is supposed to be the dogs but i hav'nt tried it yet i believe its 30 odd quid a pot, still a hell of a lot cheaper than superguard

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting Kiaman, I posted a message on a different section of this forum about a polish a friend of mine gave me called Carnauba wax made by Valentine&Co-I haven't tried it but I know its about £45 a tin!!! Better use it sparingly at that price. Have you heard of it? I agree auto glym is a good polish and gives a lovely shine. Incidently,how often do you wash your car or do you just wait til its dirty, and do you use a power hose to get the grime off? Regards Johnathan

·
Registered
433 Posts
I can't say i've heard of valentines wax but for that price you would expect it to be good, I wash mine every 2-3 weeks unless it gets bird c***p or tree sap on it, I usually wait until its dull to do it even more so when i polish it, and I just give it a good wash down with the hosepipe first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts