Kia Owners Club Forum banner

new face lift soul spec

5K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Soul Girl 
#1 ·
HOT OFF THE KIA UK PRESS

Following its unveiling earlier this year at the New York Motor show in April 2011 the Soul has been modified and re-designed to enhance its looks, interior quality and engine performance. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Exterior Features

The Soul exterior has been subtly but extensively updated and maintains its distinctive, unique character.

The front radiator grille is updated to a ""˜cubic' effect grille which gives a smart, sportier look.

As standard, all ""˜1' and ""˜2' grade models feature new stylish bulb-type, daytime running headlights which significantly improve visibility to oncoming traffic.
Standard features which have been added to the ""˜1' also include body coloured door handles and mirrors, and tinted glass which give a refined, exterior style.

The front fog lights, which come as standard on the ""˜2' grade, have been given a muscular, distinctive surround emphasising the volume around the fog light surface.

Other key new exterior features which add differentiation to the mid-grade ""˜2' models include a new design of 16""� alloy wheels, and electric folding door mirrors with integrated indicator lights, which are also new to the Soul range.

From the rear, the addition of a rear, ""˜tusk' shaped bumper portrays a wider and more stabilised stance on the road whilst the rear brake lights change to vertical wrap-around lights which are consistent with the KIA family range.

The length of the new Facelift Soul has increased by 15mm due to a longer, front bumper overhang.

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:path></v:shape></v:text></v:shape>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; : transparent; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8">
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 4.35pt; PADDING-LEFT: 7.95pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 7.95pt; PADDING-TOP: 4.35pt" =shape v:shape="_x0000_s1027">
MY11 Soul
</TD></TR></T></TABLE></v:text></v:shape>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; : transparent; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8">
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 4.35pt; PADDING-LEFT: 7.95pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 7.95pt; PADDING-TOP: 4.35pt" =shape v:shape="_x0000_s1026">
MY11 Soul
</TD></TR></T></TABLE>Wheel Designs

The new Soul ""˜1' grade keeps the current 15""� steel wheel design with full covers. The new Soul ""˜2' grade gains a new stylish 16""� alloy wheel design.

NB: All Facelift Soul models come with a temporary spare wheel.

Interior Changes

Inside the Facelift Soul, an increase in interior quality and specifications gives a more premium look and feel. The Soul interior has been upgraded including a re-designed centre fascia, centre console and gear shift.

Interior Trims

The Facelift Soul ""˜1' and ""˜2' grades have their own unique, interior trims. The entry grade Soul ""˜1' retains its current full black, cloth upholstery. The ""˜2""˜ grade features a new, modern luminous Soul Shine Cloth, featuring larger ""˜Soul' writing than the current Soul Shine Cloth.

Engines & Transmissions

The launch of the Facelift Soul models will feature improvements in the 1.6 diesel and petrol engines currently offered.

Existing manual 5-speed transmission is revised and will now feature a 6-speed transmission, which enables significant improvements in CO<SUB>2</SUB> emissions and fuel efficiency as well as a smoother ride.

The existing 4-speed automatic transmission is upgraded to a 6-speed transmission for added refinement and comfort.

The 124bhp MPI Petrol engine has been replaced with a 138bhp GDi (Gasoline Direct Injection) engine featuring a 14bhp increase in power. Despite the improvement in power, CO<SUB>2</SUB> emissions have been significantly cut down to 149g/km.

CO<SUB>2</SUB> emissions on the diesel manual model have been cut by 8g/km to 129g.

The improvement in CO<SUB>2</SUB> emissions on both the petrol and diesel engines has enabled a decrease in VED bands across the Soul range. For the first time on a Soul model, the diesel manual model will now be within the D VED band, which translates into £0 VED for the first year. The table below shows clearly the improvements in CO<SUB>2</SUB> emissions and VED tax bands from MY11 to Facelift Soul.

Safety

The Facelift Soul benefits from a full range of electronic safety measures. It comes as standard with the potentially life-saving feature of Electronic Stability Control (ESC) to keep the car on course in slippery conditions or when cornering sharply.

New to Facelift Soul as standard is the addition of Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) and Vehicle Stability Management (VSM). HAC holds the car briefly when the driver releases the brake pedal while moving away on slopes to ensure the car does not roll back. VSM helps to reduce the risk of accidents by connecting the ESC and steering system, which improves the safety of the vehicle by detecting and minimising skidding by controlling over-steer in adverse conditions.

All versions have Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist System (BAS), ensuring maximum stopping power in emergency situations.

Exterior Colours

The Facelift Soul retains most of its current exterior colours with the exception of one colour replacement on the grade ""˜2'. Moonlight Blue has been removed from the ""˜2' grade and replaced with the popular exterior colour; Titanium Silver, which is currently exclusively found on the ""˜Tempest'.

See less See more
#7 ·
Is there any word yet on the Origninals range for the 2012MY?I'm hoping having delayed buying the 2011MY that one might appear with a sunroof and cruise control?

Also is there any more detailed word on delivery dates, when does the 2011MY stop being manufactured in favour of the 2012MY?

#8 ·
Many thanks for that Paul, I intend to replace my shaker with a searcher later this year, and have been waiting for the 2012 version to be released. Any idea of a launch date in the UK and how long from ordering to delivery will take?

#10 ·
Paul, you are a hero, I was going to post this too lol Had a call from the dealer this morning about ordering our Soul 2 so we' re going to pop in and get the paperwork done in the next few days. He reckons we should be able to take delivery of the car between the 1st and 15th of October as we're getting thios through the motability scheme and will have to have a couple of adaptions done. Going to go for the diesel auto ( new 6 speed box sounds good) in Black. For anyone else thinking about getting one on the scheme, was also told that motability are going to check it over in September with regards to advance payments and the dealer is not sure what this will be, he's hoping it will be a nil advance payment.

#14 ·
Paul I know it is not launched till october, I was just commenting, as a friend wanted a car like mine on motability. his car is due for renewal, i got mine March this year he usually gets a similar car to me in june but he couldn't. What a shame he had to go to ford instead.

#20 ·
Has anybody seen any details about interior spec of the facelift Soul? My local dealer is supposed to let me know when he receives the details, but I doubt that they want it in the public domain officially, while they are trying to sell off the old stock.

I've got my fingers crossed that the cruise control is fitted to other models. I will trade my Shaker for a Searcher but have never seen one in the flesh and am a bit unsure whether I like the colour of the bodywork or the leather.

#21 ·
Nat, I put pretty much the same question to Kia on the 28th July and got the following reply:
"You
can place and order for Soul 1 and 2 now; the official launch date of
these models is 1 October 2011 when you will be able to view them in
our dealershipsIn
respect of the special editions, it has not yet been confirmed what
will be released. It may well be that some of the existing variants are
replaced with new ones; Kia is always looking to keep its model range
fresh and exciting."
Perhaps the idea is to create a rush of orders on the 1st October as everyone discovers what the features are? I'd have thought though that the same excitement could be generated by selling all the delivered stock prior to 1st October.

My logic is theproduction line must be getting ready to make all the Originals (special editions), presumably these will be landing in the ports next month, you might hope therefore that the steering wheels and stalks have been designed so why Kia is holding off on publishing the specifications is a bit mystifying.

It all seems a bit strange, presumably the production line will soon start to produce the already ordered Soul 1 and 2s that dealers are able to sell now ready for delivery to customers on the 1st October, plus I guess most dealers will be looking to take a new demonstrator?
I'm sure the dealers would prefer to be able to sell the cars customers want to buy and then be able to predict their volumes accurately for October based on all those nice deposits in the bank.

Anyway - pleased I'm not the only one holding out for a cruise control, although Nat whydon't you have your Kia dealer fit the cruise control option to your existing Shaker?

#22 ·
Laird,I have heard a few adverse comments about the post fitted cruise control, so I really wanted a production one. When I got my Shaker (Apr 2010) there were no models fitted with cruise control so it wasn't an option for me then. When I saw that the Searcher had cruise control as standard,I thought I would get one early year when I intended to replace my car. The impending 6 speed box has only hastened my desire to replace my car, I want to get one ASAP.

#23 ·
the new model is already coming off the production lines.... its already on the road in Korea..... we only wait because of the shipping times..... kia know exactly what is being produced - but as suggested earlier, they want the current stock to be sold off first.

#24 ·
I wonder how many of the old model year are left now, its been a while since the production line stopped?
Part of me wonders ... Does the £1000 off Soul Echo mean there are plenty of those still to sell while numbers of Searcher, Shaker, Burner and Temptest are lower since they only get a £500 saving?

#25 ·
oooh now I'm really confused.

I've been looking at the Soul - absolutely love it! test drove it at the weekend and still smiling!!!

However - my current car is on PCP and finishes final payments in October, fortunately the balloon payment is less than the current car value, hurrah! which gives me deposit for a new one on the same PCP scheme - so now I wonder if I hold out for the face-lift or go with a Soul Tempest Diesel Auto for £14995 and additional savings of £1500 (£500 saving and £1000 Kia contribution for going with PCP)!

I am waiting for my dealer to get back to me with final figures as they'd just had a power cut and the internet had gone down.

Do you think there are more savings to be had on the old model?
or
Do you think it's worth holding out for the new models? I'm guessing they'll be more expensive!! and I'll have a very long wait!!

Decisions, decisions!

ALSO - to add - when I asked the dealer how long it would take him to find a Tempest Diesel Auto he said approx 2 weeks depending on Network Availability!

Edited by: Soul Girl

#26 ·
It will probably take to the end of the year until all the old stock is run down and discounts start to surface on the new model.

If you can wait, you definitely should. Any savings gleaned now will be lost at the end of your next PCP deal by having the old model.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.