Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 57 plate (pre facelift) Ceed 1.6 CRDi which had a terrible steering pull to the left, I recall another poster on here had a similar issue and managed to persuade Kia to let him choose another car.

Whilst they were not so charitable with me and I ended up selling the car I did actually quite like it and wondered if the problem still exists on the newer version? I have read about many Ceed drivers experiencing this, perhaps not to the same degree that I had but Kia seem to acknowledge that the Ceed is 'camber sensitive'. That was the official explanation I got.

Is the facelift Ceed therefore any 'kinder' a drive than the pre facelift model? I have an i30 CRDi at the moment which is fantastic to drive but would consider another Ceed if they have sorted it out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 61 plate SW Derv Auto (3 spec delivered first week in November) which has now done 2500 miles and have had no problems what so ever.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The steering is by electric motor and not the ""old""� hydro system so is taking a bit of getting used to but is fine it drives ok does not pull to one side nor is there any judder at low speed (as reported elsewhere). In fact it drives like a dream and goes very well indeed!

I previously ran big Volvo estates which cost an arm and a leg in repairs.

My only moan is the door locking system which locks the doors and when stopped if the keys are still in results in the rear doors remaining locked which results in the boss shouting (""Alan open the doors!!!...).

MPG is between 40 and 55 and that is carrying a very heavy power wheelchair and with a power hoist fitted. I'm off on a trip to Portsmouth via North Wales on Wednesday with 4 adults and the wheelchair which will be about 600+ miles so it will be interesting to see what ""she""� does mpg wise-watch this space.

My advice go for it! Mine is in black
Alan

·
Registered
757 Posts
Paulq said:
I had a 57 plate (pre facelift) Ceed 1.6 CRDi which had a terrible steering pull to the left, I recall another poster on here had a similar issue and managed to persuade Kia to let him choose another car.
57 plater too. Can't say it is a significant problem on mine. It often gives a feeling of having a left bias so I have a habit of using the weight (no need to activate any muscles) of my right arm as a preload. Yet when letting go it does actually run straight. Perhaps some artefact of the difference between hydraulic and electric steering.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mines pro_ceeds is 6 weeks old and is giving me nothing but trouble..check out the proceed thread for more info

·
Registered
245 Posts
Had my 61 plate Ceed just over a month now. I've noticed the occasional pull to the left, but it seems to be down to camber angle of the road, rather than a problem with the car.

My previous car, Merc C-class, went through a phase when it started to pull to the left and the front tyres showed signs of scrubbing. Pulling to the left is a common complaint with the C-class too. However for me, and after a decent 4 wheel tracking was carried out the problem was resolved.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you'll find that mechanically and floor pan, the ceed and i30 are the same animal even the inner wing pressings are the same. put one of each side by side and look under the bonnet and you wont know which is which. Its only the pretty tin body that differs. My facelift SW runs down bad cambers and the wifes i1o and the lads picanto does it at the same place so that would suggest the road, not the vehicle.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I used to have a Citroen C4 that pulled left from the day I got (it and it was a month old and had done 1000miles). I had the suspension geometry checked by a reputable tyre place and they said that the suspension was slightly out and to align it correctly they would have to loosen all suspension bolts and hopefully jiggle it into alignment, and that this wasnt uncommon even on significantly more expensive cars. To be honest I thought it would be more hassle than it was worth and might open up a whole new can of alignment worms, so I left it and 5.5 years later sold the car and it was still pulling left. I just got used to it, I was careful never to let go of the steering wheel whilst driving or else I'd end up in the ditch. Occasionally when I found an adverse camber road with a noticeable slope to the centre (UK road), it would travel in a straight line.
Im happy to report that my Kia is neutral and well behaved on all cambers and roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts