Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2010 ceed 2 eco for 3 weeks now and the gearchange is very notchy especially 1st and 2nd.Have had it back to dealers and they say ALL Ceeds are like this.!!!! Any comments would help I,ve changed from a Skoda Octavia and I am thinking I,ve made a mistake

·
Registered
662 Posts
see previous post on this subject the gearchange on the ceed is very exact its detents are very strong and makes it feel like its stiff to go between gears this is totaly normal and something a lot of people comment on when they first drive the car it will settle and you will get used to it and in another 3 months you will think its totaly normal and then you get in another car and comment that its gears feel all loose and worn out

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello there,I bought ex-demo Ceed in February this year. Excellent car in every single respect except same problem as you. 3rd 4th and fifth gears areOK but 1st to 2nd is very notchy and for me a real problem. On motorway journeys car is fine but had to do long journey through central London recently and got in a long traffic jams. By the time I got home my hand and left arm were completely numb. Also I often have drivers honking and gesticulating behind at lights as I try to get into 2nd! Only done 7000 miles whenI bought the car and it was immaculate and had superb equipment. Its so frustrating and disappointing since everything else about the car is great. How did I miss it when I bought the car? I worked out that I purchased it in an open rural area and in the ten minutes that I drove it I probably only used the 1st to 2nd once! Funny though, did lot of research before buying this car but no one ever said anything about a poor gear change! Even the critics in newspapers and magazines and Which? never mentioned anything about a poor gearbox only all the positives. Like you I have reached the decision that I have made a mistake and probably an expensive one. But hope it still works out for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't panic - mine was the same when new -done a few thousnad now and it's bedding in nicely and the change into 2nd is now as near as dammit normal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.Thought it was only me.WHY did Kia bring out a superb car filled with all the goodies then put in a second rate gearbox,Has anyone approached KIA for some answers???.It looks like I will finish up with a left arm like Popeyes.So frustrating

·
Registered
56 Posts
Chap - It's not a second rate gearbox! It's just built to much tighter tolerances than most. Ultimately it will last longer and be more precise than most others after big mileages. Patience and it will come to be good. Mine has and is now a flick switch change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts