Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but not new to Kia's - have a 2017 Sorento as the family lounge suit on wheels and a 2018 Picanto GT-Line (currently) and trading in the GT-Line for a GT early next week. I'm in Brisbane Australia.

Fiancee didn't like the auto (it was my mother's car until she stopped driving) and i wanted a turbo...got 4 household cars, got to have them all forced induction hehe

Anyway, I'm going to make it a bit more fun for her (and me, and my kids when they learn to drive soon) so she can join me at track days (I have a 2007 Lotus Europa I track when I can)

I have a bit of a list but being a low volume budget car, quality items are a bit hard to come across and search for.

So far I'm going to get early on:
GFB Diverter valve T9661 (appears to work, and the fiancee wants the noise like my Lotus)
Spoiler add on and side trims
Lowering springs E10-46-034-01-22 (I assume these are the right ones???)
K&N air filter 33-3000 (I assume this is the right one???)

Once the engine and gearbox is run in I'll get:
Full exhaust system - but cant find any other than a back section only so may have to make it myself
Intercooler upgrade - again cant find any so may have a make it myself
Plug and play power module - unsure which one yet, will decide later
Short shifter - are there any or is it another make it myself thing?

Just after thoughts, suggestions, experiences with the above or other options etc

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
308 Posts
Welcome!

Where are you sourcing the body kit from and what sort of trade in you getting on the GT Line?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the forum software wouldn't let me post the link in my first post, so hopefully this works: Rear Roof Window Garnish Molding Trim Set for KIA 2018 Picanto / Morning | eBay

for the gtline, $11500 but paid $18100 for the new car (white) so i was happy enough with that. could be better of course, but could be worse. another dealer was only going to give me $9k trade and the car at $18800. considering it's "driveaway" at $18990 at the moment, the deal i got was good enough for me

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have not found anyone that has fitted any kit yet, I will take it that you have taken the GT for test drive as it is different to drive with the low takeoff clutch and touchy brakes!

·
Registered
308 Posts
We have both and while the auto is good in the city, the GT has better gearing for the open road. I drove from Sydney to Melbourne I the GT Line and it revved to much but was comfy. It was what made me decide to buy the GT!

·
Registered
54 Posts
"K&N air filter 33-3000 (I assume this is the right one???)"

I think that is for the older Picanto, I belive the newer ones have a cylider airfilter, maybe someone can confirm this.

I looked at exhaust as well and I won't be making one, looked at getting one made here out of Stainless Steel and in the region of £400-500 GBP.

I was looking at this stuff but still don't have my car and at this rate in the UK, I have no idea when I'll get it. All dealers are closed until this COVID-19 is over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the filter is definitely a small flat panel type. however nothing in the k&n catalogue was the correct sizing, so the 33-3000 i mentioned most likely wont fit. i'll keep looking, see what i can find and then if i cant find a panel filter off the shelf i may end up making a custom intake. the engine is screaming out for induction noise

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did start a thread asking if anyone had fitted a cold air intake on the turbo, I don't think anyone responded with a yes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts