Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Well I have finally done it, I've taken advantage of the new scrapage deals and ordered my new car, it's a special edition Rio Black diesel. I don't know much about them so I hope it will live up to my expectations of it. I'm really looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
congratulations. Welcome to the club.

I think you will be very satisfied with the car.
It has more rear legroom than my previous Astra.

Also these diesels go like stink (not boy racer stuff) but very reassuring pull in every gear.
These have a great power to weight ratio hence the performance.

I think these Rio's are very under rated.

Just a note, I did have a problem of spot rusting on the rear boot (fixed under warranty).
I have also heard of owners having front wheel tred wear around 9,000 miles but this only seems to be on earlier models that this applies to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx for the comments, well I got a phone call yesterday, can pick it up this friday.....hopefully

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got the S/E Black yesterday.....very nice. One thing, can you buy a key to make it remote cental locking? Also do ipods work in the usb socket? tryed mine and I can't get it to work.

·
Registered
328 Posts
yes you can get remote central locking.
The dealer quoted £150 to have it fitted.

As I have the Chill version it has central locking but not remote cetral locking.

As for the ipod, I would imagine that it would work however, you should have a special cable adapter (check your glove box) that fits the standard usb socket at one end and then the ipod connector at the other.

I did not get this adapter with my Rio but when I had a courtesy car (picanto) it had this lead.

BTW, the stereo in the picanto was poo compared to the Rio's stereo

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ipod won't work on the rio usb, works in other models as they use a usb and line in cable.
Remote locking requires a kit of bit,s not just remote key I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Happy new car Seawolf, all thebest and I hope you enjoy it. Regards to remote central locking from a key fob it will cost about 140 - 150. I got my old Ceed 1.4S done and it cost that much.
Its seems crazy to me that Kia fit central locking to all the Rio's but its only remote in the top of the range ones. How much extra would it cost when the car is in production line to install a remote unit, probably washers. Makes me angry that

·
Registered
115 Posts
Didn't spend £150 on remote locking, got one of those Ebay kits for around £25 with a simple lock/unlock fob. Dead easy to wire in, since the Rio has separate unlock and lock relays, and the kit pulls each one down to ground, just like the door lock switch. Wiring colours and locations are all on kiatechinfo.com and were the same for the UK Rio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts