Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i'm probably being overly critical, as i have just bought the car (2015 ProCee'd GT) and the TPMS seems to be faulty

The warning light flashes for around 60 seconds, then stays illuminated

According to the book, that means
a) the TPMS is faulty
b) one or more of the tyres is underinflated

Now i have checked all the tyres, and they are all 34.0-34.5 PSI

Only other thing of note, is that the battery has jut been changed (by the dealer as it was kaput when i went to test drive it), and they said it might take a few trips for the sensors to reset themselves........ not sure if this was just flannel from the dealer to get me on my merry way, or is there some truth in this

Any help appreciated

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
No iooi, there's not reset button our JD Proceeds. If only it were that simple!

The only time I've seen the TPMS light on mine was when I had all four tyres changed at once, and that went away after a few turns of the wheels. And I changed the 12v battery on my GT and I don't recall seeing the TPMS light then.

From talking to people I know and from what I've read here and elsewhere, they can fail around this age. Some types seem to suffer from some sort of bimetallic corrosion, but more generally the stems can break if roughly handled when attaching an airline (screw-on type are better than push-on type in that regard).

Reactions: Gloomy Bear

Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys

Does anyone have any idea how much these are to replace, and i guess it's a Kia dealer only replacement

I'm also guessing these aren't covered under warranty?

And in that note, is there a definitive list of what is/isn't covered by the 7 year warranty

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
You could try kiapartsdirect or kiapartsuk (I have bought from both).

If the light persists, you could try disconnecting the battery yourself and see if that resets it before committing to some expense. I have no idea if it possible to easily test them yourself. May be talk to the dealer or a reputable tyre fitter.

As for the warranty, this is the link to information available at KIA UK.

Reactions: Gloomy Bear

Super Moderator
One thing you could try is over inflate your tyres by a few PSI and then take the car for a short run, the change in pressures may reset the readings. Don't forget to deflate your tyres to the correct pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.