Kia Owners Club Forum banner

New boy checking in!!

4K views 46 replies 8 participants last post by  SYLO77 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to say hi and let you all know that Iam excited about picking up my Soul Echo tomorrow
! I have been eagerly awaiting getting behind the wheel of herand look forward to becoming an active member of the site! I have been reading various posts on here for some time and there genuinely does seem to be a wealth of both enthusiasm and knowledge about the cars!!

Many thanks

Paul.

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi. An thanks for the warm welcome! Mine is the white version tempest......I am very excited about getting behind the wheel! Unfortunately I will be away on holiday mid July titch but would be keen to hear about any future dates for meet's!
Hope you all have a good weekend!

Paul.

#8 ·
Thanks again for all the warm welcomes! Cant say Fussychick that the weather here in Guildford has been anything less than awful today! Lots of rain and wind! Still I will be behind the wheel of the Soul tomorrow so let it rain.......I don't care
!!!

#9 ·
Blimey, I've just finished saying cheerio on the RAV forum and then you pop up here!!!

Enjoy the Soul Paul. It isn't a RAV but it is a damn good car. I moved for the same reason. Couldn't justify £24k gathering dust now my job has changed.

Regards

#10 ·
Hey Anchorman! Small world! I thought when I'd been lurking on here I'd seen your name crop up! but then thought.......'Nah it can't be him'!!!!! Good to have you on board as you were a mine of information on the Rav4 site! Agree with all you say about the Rav4.........but for me it was just time for a change and I'm dead excited about picking up my Soul Echo! Only an hour to go and I'll have her!!!
Have agood weekend!

Paul.

#13 ·
Lol! No I've not been driving! In actual fact it was my stag night last night as I'm getting married on the 30th! Picked up car yesterday morning though! Love it! Will try and get some photos sorted out soon! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

#19 ·
Hoggydo said:
Hi Raider,

Thanks! I'm glad to be on-board! Seems like a great crowd on this site! Vey welcoming! Did you use Dover Garage for your Kia?

Yeah , got a good deal & also done the servicing scheme , My wife got her Carens from there as well . There ok for parts & servicing ,but not been sogreat about dealing withother issues& questions Ive raised , Im gonna take mine to West End Garge to do a paint thickness test , my friends son is a mechanic there & is gonna try & pull some stringsfor me .

#23 ·
You lot have got me paranoid about my paintwork now! My Soul has got two little bits of clear film on the rear door and wheel arches as someone showed on a pic of the 2012 spec.

Even if I had the money for the protective film I'd begrudge paying it, I've spent what I consider to be a lot of money on my car and will be gutted if it doesn't stay looking new for very long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too raider

#25 ·
The chipsI have are on the drivers side .three on the rear door & two on the wheel arch . all from the same bit of crap thrown up by a truck in the outside lane of the A3 , typically this is not one of the areas I got covered in paint guard .

#26 ·
I have 22k miles on my Tempest now and I have some stone chips on the bonnet and two screen chips that have been repaired.All cars get stone chips and as far as I can see the Soul is no worse or better than any other apart from the fact that it has a large area on the front of the car that is bigger than a lot of others which is a fact that you cannot get round.Modern paint on cars is not as good as paint that cars had a few years ago,it's all water based now,so apart from covering all the car with film which is to costly its something we have to live with.A bonnet respray in a few years time is not that high a cost anyway should you want to do it.I have contemplated putting a contrasting film of carbon fibre on my bonnet but I am not sure how it would look.l

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.