Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help. My Aunty purchased a 2005 Kia Sorento 2.5 diesel automatic from Kia in Maidstone 1 year ago. In that time she has covered just 6,000 miles. She was driving a couple of weeks ago and suddenly black smoke and grinding halt. It appears the turbo has sucked all the engine oil out and seized the engine solid. Kia Maidstone have washed their hands of it saying these things happen.

ANyone got any advice on how to deal with the dealer or know where she can purchase a second hand engine????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Contact KIA Head Office direct. I've spoken with them on a few occasions and always found them helpful. You'll find it on the main KIA website www.kia.co.uk
You do, of course, have the option of finding another KIA dealer.

Whatever the cause of the engiene siezing, as long as your car has been properly serviced and maintained, your warranty should cover these sort of problems. Certainly don't be thinking along the lines of you buying new engines, etc.!!!!
Edited by: DavidSR7

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cars warranty expired 6 weeks before the engine blew.she has written to KIA UK and as yet no response. The dealer is basically said that as the warranty expired and she didn't choose the extended warranty they are unwilling to do anything at all!!!!! I will ask her to call KIA UK and see if they are willing to help. I have l have located and engine £2900 supplied and fitted which appears cheaper than KIA direct! Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
When you phone, by giving them your registration (number plate), they can confirm exactly when the warranty expires / expired. Nothing to lose by asking, anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts