Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I ordered a New White Sorento KX2 back in February 2010 and since have been toldthat due to a delay in the factory and also due to orderingwhite , that I won't get the car until End of July or August. Has anyoneelseexperienced the same delay withthe New Sorento. It's Killing me waiting, My current 2005 Sorento has 103,000 miles and just keep being told by the dealer that white is not a popular coloursowill be a specific order.
Please help set my mind straight that I am not the only one waitingpossible 6 months for a newWhite Sorento KX2 Manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, we just bought a KX-2 Manual in White 4 weeks ago from our local dealer who had it in stock. He also had a Silver KX-2 Auto but we wanted white. He had also 2 KX-2 in white on order since the middle of May, 1 manual and 1 auto but had been informed that due to demand and problems with strikes at the factory it would be end July to mid August before he would get them. We really wanted an auto but the wait was too long so we bought the manual.

So far, its been great. Ride is smooth, refined and plenty of power. We had an 05 2.5CRDi before which was great also but the engine was a bit noisy and under-powered.

I hope you get yours soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a follow up, your dealer is full of bs, White is the new Black. Every dealer we spoke to in NI has orders on for White KX-2s but not many other colours so be prepared for an influx of white Sorentos.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply's, glad to hear the kx2 is a smooth ride, you never get a full feel for it on a test drive. The dealer did not even know of the july/aug delay I had to get that from Kia directly. The dealer told me that they only find out the car is ready when its on the boat being shipped, they can't tell me whether it is even on the production line.
Looking forward to July, wishing away the next 8 weeks till hopefully it arrives.

Ian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ian, if like me, you want to add to your Sorento, there is a US based supplier that has a lot of accessories. I bought a rear roof spoiler which you can order pre-painted so its a DIY fit if your up to it. It came from KIA in Korea but didn't have any template or fitting instructions but I managed to get it fitted after about 4 hours of drilling holes and aligning. A template would have made the job a lot easier. customsrt.net is the supplier in the US and they ship world wide for approx $40.

I have to say that I am really impressed with the MPG as it is approx 30% better than the 2.5 we had before and the CO2 is down also.

I fitted a Parrot MKi9100 bluetooth kit which I removed from my old car and it works well but would love a proper 2din unit like the US models with SAT NAV, Bluetooth and Touchscreen. I have looked at a few Chineese suppliers but none of them tick all the boxes so if you have any ideas let me know.

P. Devlin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi all, just registered to the club, this is my first post........ have just ordered the KX2 in white on Saturday.. was told there is a 6-8 week wait....surely the manufacturers have the know how to produce a white vehicle......for years white has been a standard colour choice on most manufacturers vehicles.
Can only think that there is a pause in production to change the line to a white finish, but surely it doesnt take too long.!!
As for the Sorento.... took a test drive on saturday and was impressed by the diesel engine and the rest of the car.... px'd my Rav 4 for it........can't wait for it to arrive

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, I hope they are right, I was told 6-8 weeks in Feb but still waiting, still being told it is due in mid-late July, so not much longer to wait. Its been torture. The new range will be a step up from my current Sorento which has been great, especially pulling my Caravan and in all the snow in the winter.

·
Registered
662 Posts
some of the wait for you all will be the introduction of the 2011 spec cars thease were anounced couple of weeks ago so i suspect that kia uk held off ordering cars so they get the 2011 models
check with your selling dealer to see if you are going to get the 2011 model kia say that if they are unable to supply the car in 2010 format then the price increase will not apply to orders already taken so some of you may be getting a new model for the old price spec changes are below

The following specification additions/changes are implemented on all Sorento models - <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) Lights ""“ an additional safety feature which flashes the rear lights when the vehicle is braked rapidly or severely, to warn following drivers of a potential emergency stop situation.

Badge/Description Change ""“ the 4WD system on all ""˜KX' models will now be termed All-Wheel Drive (AWD). As such external wing badge emblems change from 4WD to AWD.

Sorento KX-2 & KX-3 Models

<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /></v:stroke></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:f></v:ulas></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shape></v:><?: prefix = w ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:word" /><w:wrap ="tight"></w:wrap></v:shape>Bluetooth is added as a standard feature to all ""˜KX-2' grades upwards. Bluetooth functionality allows a mobile phone to wirelessly connect to the audio system, enabling the driver to safely receive hands-free calls whilst driving. Functionality is provided via buttons mounted on the steering wheel. MP3 music files can also be played from the phone via the vehicle audio system, similar to the CD Audio with MP3 functionality.

Self-Levelling Suspension (SLS)

All ""˜KX' models will be offered with optional Self-Levelling Suspension at an additional cost of £500 inclusive of VAT (17.5%).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds canny, I hope I get the 2011 version then. Heard today that my KX2 ia due in to the docks on the 12th July, so hopefully should all be ready to pick up before the end of July, At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your dealer will have it on there system, I was told that the system is when your car is loaded onto the boat in Korea, it is then allocated to an order placed, then the chasis number is supplied onto the system and the dealer can then inform you that your car is on the way, they are unable to track your order in the factory. its a rubbish system, which they need to change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I ordered a KX3 auto in Black was told delivery would be end of May, since then I have been told that the delivery date is more likely to be early August. The reason for the delay I was told is the Sorento are now being build in a plant in the USA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Checked with my dealer the other day and was told that it would most probably be mid August, unless i get a cancellation order...keeping fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am new to this forum, I currently have a 2003 sorento and have on order a white kx2 and have been informed by dealer that it is at customs now and should be with us in 6 days time, hopefully, its been ordered sice end April and we are desperate to get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My white Kx2 has been on order since Feb, I have been informed that it should be at the dealer any time time. Just need a tow bar fitted and will be ready to go. Can'nt wait either, its been a long 5 months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi,at least your dealer is keeping you informed.....asked mine again last week if they had a tracking number but no show yet....will be asking again this weekend!!......White appears to be the "in" colour at the mo...hope all goes well with your order.... Darrylt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Just jioned and thought i would pass on some news.

If you have been waiting for a Sorento with SLS then the news is getting better! I ordered mine back in Feb and have just got my chassis number from the dealer. it is due into the UK on 2 August. I have chosen to take delivery in September as i then get the 60 reg plate. Thought i may as well wait a while longer and have the latest plate possible! Has anyone got a manual version they are using to tow a twin axle caravan? Been very happy with our 05 plate sorento so hope we will be as happy with the new one in the near future.

Regards

Dean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All
Just found this site and was reading all the postings

I ordered a KX3 autoin silver and know some people in Kia and was told one of the reasons for delays was that the self leveling suspension was not working to its specification, so all modelswere being re designed to accept the new suspension change if ordered. This along with build and shipping times from Korea does not help.

Only 90 came accross for the launch in Feb and none have hit the docks since.

A boat docked with the second load on 20th July and it takes 9 working days to get to dealers.

Those of you waiting should be pushing your dealers for Delivery next week as that is what I have been told.

Looking forward to a4x4 7 seater as it will be a change from a BMWand all the kids in.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts