Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been driving my 71 plate self charging hybrid for 4 weeks now and now my sat nav thinks I am driving backwards. On dual carrageways and motorways I keep gettting the alert that I am driving the wrong way. It happened a few days after I recieved it for a few hours and then corrected itself. This time it has been 2 days, is there any way of resetting/ rebooting the sat nav?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, did the reset, sat nav still thinks I am driving backwards. Looks like I will be visiting the dealer and see if they can sort it out. Alerts for the speed cameras are really anoying as they first bleep when i get to the camera and then bleep again 50M after and again at 200M.

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
Any chance you can take a short video for us? So we can help other users in the future if you find a solution.

Registered
There's a know issue with GPS on some Niro models, my wife's MY22 PHEV has an issue where it forgets where it is at night and thinks it's approx 10 miles away. The dealer has had a MY20 from earlier this year in last month with the same issue. I don't know if the firmware updates in the Nov 21 update fixes is because it won't install and now the update has been pulled until next week. I'd recommend logging a call with the dealer to get them to check it out.

Does the issue happen all the time?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It happened a few days after getting the car but only lasted a couple of hours then jusy righted itself. This time it has been 3 days. It just means the navigation is useless and the alerts are anoying, especially on one way roads or dual carrageways. I will call the dealer this morning.

Registered
MY21 Stonic GT-Line S ISG MHEV iMT - sw220211 - map14.47.48.631.401.5
And if I were you I would wait until the latest update is released on the 22nd or later.

Reactions: bydandie

Registered
And if I were you I would wait until the latest update is released on the 22nd or later.
the 22nd update may be just an update file to get the online site updates working correctly,

the dealer should have the very latest update at their end, I would get the dealer update done now and wait and see if the next trawl of online updates work anyway.

Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
the 22nd update may be just an update file to get the online site updates working correctly,

the dealer should have the very latest update at their end, I would get the dealer update done now and wait and see if the next trawl of online updates work anyway.
Why would the dealer have any later software than Kia?

In regard to road speed display Kia have accepted that a SW change is needed to cope for cars which also have Speed Board reading cameras - so no way a dealer would be able to fix that.

I suspect a similar story exists for other bugs - some which may not be bugs but user settings issues. This is currently the flaw, Kia are not publishing Release Notes, so we don't know what has changed and where to go in Settings to turn things on or off.

Historically I have seen Release Notes which describe the Functional changes and the number of map changes that have been made - this data is either no longer collated or just kept 'secret' for dealers only.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I realy need to get it sorted as everytime I go on a dual carageway or motorway every 30 seconds or so I get the warning that I need to check my driving direction which is annoying and distracting.

Registered
Yet there is a public note stating there is an issue with Gen5w units and the software will be launched again on the 22nd (TBH I would be nervous about making such a commitment, but let's see)?

Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
I realy need to get it sorted as everytime I go on a dual carageway or motorway every 30 seconds or so I get the warning that I need to check my driving direction which is annoying and distracting.
Have you tried tried changing the map view display to 3D or 'direction of travel'?

Reactions: fenegroni

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tried all of them, but the direction of the arrow is always oposite the actual direction of travel. Even tried using apple play and google maps, arrow still the wrong way. Although it ois ok on the phone when not plugged in?

Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
Tried all of them, but the direction of the arrow is always oposite the actual direction of travel. Even tried using apple play and google maps, arrow still the wrong way. Although it ois ok on the phone when not plugged in?
Weird - You clearly have the Australian version! or is it thinking you are on the continent, i.e. should be driving on the right. Don't know if there are any settings you can change (country/language?) to test that though.

Registered
Android auto and CarPlay use the in-car GPS when plugged in hence why you are getting the issue

Registered
Why would the dealer have any later software than Kia?
I think you miss understand my quote, I did not mean they would have a newer version just maybe a full download prior to the new site download that has a known issue.
In regard to road speed display Kia have accepted that a SW change is needed to cope for cars which also have Speed Board reading cameras - so no way a dealer would be able to fix that.
I didn't say they could fix it, I just stated wait to see if the online update works on the 22nd, and let others be a test dummy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.