Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone help ? I have a 2006Sorento XT Diesel Auto 2.5, and everytime i accelerate and slow down it seems to be missing something like a chain missing teeth ! Took it to a garage and they said it needed a service which cost me £150 ! And its still doing it. PLEASE ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL. John
Edited by: showmans

·
Registered
887 Posts
Could be the clutch pack, or as simple as tyre tread depths.

Best tread must be fitted to rear, and if the difference is to large, you may get this fault also, around 4mm difference appears to be the safe limit.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Do you get a clonking sound when accelerating or slowing down.When i had Landrover common fault with this was splines worn ontransfer boxinput shaft and gear,at about 40 to 45,000 miles. Minewentand workmates went at 42,000 again at 86,000 and when he felt it again at 112,000 he got rid of it before more expense.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@showmans; if you took the time and DID read the document i posted you will understand that the chain you talking about will practically haveno load when normal driving... a sorento mk1 & fl is a rear drive suv. bear in mind there are 2 versions; manual 4x4 (est) or auto with tod (att). explained on page 2.

birdman is on the right track here and knowing the grease monkeys in kiasuitsnot paying attention to the prop shafts due difficult to grease (read to much work!) it's probable the issue here.

Edited by: bitman

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
The first year iservicedmine after warranty expired i had to take off the rubber caps on the prop shaft grease nipples, they were still stuck on with paint from when the prop shaft was manufactured and sprayed,they had never seen grease since manufacture.The chains in the box are the same type as we had in machine gear boxes at work.They ran at 3,000rpm 24/7 and lasted at least 10 years and drove higher loads than that of a motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.