Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've installed the Kia Navigation Updater on my laptop. I've had a look at it and found the Cee'd section but the only options in there are MY06, MY12, MY16 and MY17. Mine is MY13 going by the 10th character of my VIN. My unit is a Standard class Gen 1 I believe. Does this mean I can't update? I haven't yet tried typing in the software version as I don't have the car at the moment. The car is a 2012 Ceed 4Tech.

Thanks
Philip

Super Moderator
Hell that has not been update for a long time...

Do any of the screens on the updater match what you have? (looks to be radio screen)

My best guess would be to try My12 update. == But this is at your own risk == Both my06 & 12 are showing as Gen1 unit.

If you do try, back up old SD card to computer or buy a new one to use.

Other option is to contact the update customer service

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell that has not been update for a long time...

Do any of the screens on the updater match what you have? (looks to be radio screen)

My best guess would be to try My12 update. == But this is at your own risk == Both my06 & 12 are showing as Gen1 unit.

If you do try, back up old SD card to computer or buy a new one to use.

Other option is to contact the update customer service

The C'eed MY06 and MY12 look exactly the same as mine, I only have a USB port not SD card. The last update was done by a Kia dealership on 12/08/2020. I may contact Kia as you suggested.

Thanks
Philip

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to Kia via the live chat. I sent the picture of the info screen and they told me that my system isn't available on the app at the moment. So for the time being its got to go to KIa for updates. They sent me a link to see future notifications and there is a section to view the eligible vehicles. There are newer versions for MY06 and MY12 so hopefully there will be one for mine. Typical mine being a MY13 and not being eligible!

Philip

Super Moderator
Thanks for the update. (y)

I would not hold your breath on the update page. On my Niro (gen5W) there has been 2 further updates since November that are not mentioned at all. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔:mad:
Best bet is is keep firing up the update program & checking there..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts