Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my previous thread I thought I'd start a new one to make it easier for folks searching in future.

Just had my car MOT'd at my local independent MOT testing station (they only do MOT's so have no axe to grind with making up repairs for extra business). Bearing in mind I'd just had the car serviced (full 6 year, not an interim) and the car failed.
It failed on headlight beam aim which is a specific item on the 6 year check list and had been ticked as done.

As the MOT standard is a "standard" and the beam aim checkers are presumably calibrated for height, I now have a fail showing on the MOT history for something directly attributable to the work done by NK Derby.

I thought it worth making an individual thread on this to clearly say that NK Derby appear to have some issues with their servicing (see other thread for more issues) which can result in extra work being required at the owners additional expense.

Headlight aim is now sorted and MOT is passed with an expected advisory about outer edge tyre wear (due to tracking / which almost certainly is our wonderful potholed roads). Incidentally NK Derby didn't advise on this either. :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
It seems that KIA and their dealers have something of a blind spot wrt headlight aligment. I have seen a few posts on here from oithers too. When I got my (new) Sporty the lamp alignment was atrocious. Main beam on one side was straight ahead (OK) but pointing far too much towards the sky and the other side was way left of correct and even further up in the sky. Dealer insisted it was "factory set" (and of course factories never make mistakes do they?). Got under the bonnet and tweaked them myself.

Give the dealer a poke along the lines "Well you omitted to complete those correctly so what else have you missed?

·
Registered
545 Posts
It seems that KIA and their dealers have something of a blind spot wrt headlight aligment. I have seen a few posts on here from oithers too. When I got my (new) Sporty the lamp alignment was atrocious. Main beam on one side was straight ahead (OK) but pointing far too much towards the sky and the other side was way left of correct and even further up in the sky. Dealer insisted it was "factory set" (and of course factories never make mistakes do they?). Got under the bonnet and tweaked them myself.

Give the dealer a poke along the lines "Well you omitted to complete those correctly so what else have you missed?
They seem to ignore this at PDI and they are not alone with that one..

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Had the same problem on my 2019 Sportage when I got it and had to do a 145 mile round trip back to the dealer to get it sorted out, I wanted them to check the headlight alignment and was told the only way is to come by and wait for a spare slot on the MOT bay only to have the receptionist say the "technician" fixed it, he said "the headlight bulb wasn`t inserted correctly, he has sorted it out for you"......like i didn`t check that first i say!
unfortunately I haven`t been out at night since to check if they are any better or not!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts