Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound a stupid question, butI have only had the car for a short time, with it came two sets of keys together with the respective blippers for the central locking. This is not the problem,this being that although I know that one of the keys is for the ignition there is another smaller onebut I have no idea what this is for having tried all the obvious things.

If anyone has any idea what these maybe for I would be very grateful.

( As a foot note and tochange the subject a bit, toincrease the illumination on the car I have fitted HIDs which is a realtively easy job and makes a great deal of difference).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I have never had a vehicle with airbags previously, having only had old bangers so what would be the purpose of this and besides the ignition can not see that there are any other places to put a key into, so do you know where it would be located so I can give it a try?

Thanks again

Peter

·
Registered
702 Posts
migette said:
This may sound a stupid question, butI have only had the car for a short time, with it came two sets of keys together with the respective blippers for the central locking. This is not the problem,this being that although I know that one of the keys is for the ignition there is another smaller onebut I have no idea what this is for having tried all the obvious things.

If anyone has any idea what these maybe for I would be very grateful.

( As a foot note and tochange the subject a bit, toincrease the illumination on the car I have fitted HIDs which is a realtively easy job and makes a great deal of difference).
Is it the key to the box under the front passenger seat ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

Yes it is for the box under the passenger seat, you have solved the mystery as I didn't even know that this was there.

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi if the keys got a blck top on it its for the locking box under the passinger seat thats for storeing the head phones for the dvd which is fitted on the head lineing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts