Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I would put a post in the Stinger section, I have just put my Pearl White KIA Stinger 3.3L GTS up for sale in the FOR SALE section of the forum.

if you know if anyone is interested in buying a very low mileage March 2020 Stinger please let them know.

Many Thanks

Phil

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Phil, why are you selling so soon? Not happy with the car, something else caught your eye, or is it just lack of mileage currently with Covid?

Edited: Just seen you are purchasing a new car!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Hi all,

Just thought I would put a post in the Stinger section, I have just put my Pearl White KIA Stinger 3.3L GTS up for sale in the FOR SALE section of the forum.

if you know if anyone is interested in buying a very low mileage March 2020 Stinger please let them know.

Many Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil gather the EV is calling :) if you would like I am also in a facebook Stinger forum I will post that you are selling your car with a link to your advert if allowed by mods, please let me know Phil (y)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Phil gather the EV is calling :) if you would like I am also in a facebook Stinger forum I will post that you are selling your car with a link to your advert if allowed by mods, please let me know Phil (y)
Yes Mate that would be great if you could do that for me, Thought I would give somebody a chance to get a very low mileage car for a reasonable price but if I have to I will trade it in.

I have an order in for the Mustang Mach-E, due to complete paperwork soon for roundabout June delivery, however want to see what the Hyundai Ioniq 5 World Preview is like in February as I can cancel my order for the Mustang if I like the Ioniq 5 Better.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Stinger (I've had 2) I just fancy a change and I have driven many EV's from different companies and just like driving them, also being disabled and getting on a bit an SUV type vehicle coupled with being electric seems the right way to go. Don't get me wrong The Stinger will be missed, it's been the best car I have ever owned (both of them) I will miss the attention it gets wherever it goes (feeling sad now :cry:)

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Phil, why are you selling so soon? Not happy with the car, something else caught your eye, or is it just lack of mileage currently with Covid?

Edited: Just seen you are purchasing a new car!
Hi dunc69,

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Stinger - You can see my reasons on the reply to ODONO's post

Cheers

Phil

Reactions: dunc69

·
Registered
769 Posts
EV is definitely the way to go. On the wider topic, the new Tesla Model S is available to order now - the spec on that is totally insane (as is the price!) :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
EV is definitely the way to go. On the wider topic, the new Tesla Model S is available to order now - the spec on that is totally insane (as is the price!) :)
I'm planning on keeping the Stinger for another 3 years and hoping for an EV equivalent of it from Kia by that time. The fuel saving will feel massive then which will make the transition even better!

But if I had £130k I would definitely get the Model S Plaid+. 0-60 in sub 2 seconds and 500+ miles of range. That is unbelievable.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Great thing about Tesla models are, you can park your bike in the panel gaps ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Tesla is a bit of a one trick pony that can do straight line acceleration really well.
But there’s more to a great car than straight line acceleration.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've personally not heard much about reliability (maybe a bit about sticking door handles), although I do know that if you're in an accident, it can take a while to get them fixed. I've been in a couple of Model S' and didn't notice any glaring quality problems, and I can't lie, I was blown away by them. My car simply felt like something out of the Victorian era after the experience, and I'm not joking, it look me a fair while to switch my mindset back to liking the internal combustion again.

I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea, (or within budget) but when I go to EV, I want it to be a next gen experience. I don't just want a car like I have now, but with an electric motor. This is where I feel Tesla have it right.

The handling on them is also pretty good due to the center of Gravity, and yes, the performance is focused strongly towards acceleration but we're only talking above illegal speeds where other cars can take them, so for road use, I'd rather have some fun and legal acceleration than a fast 100-150 time. And that acceleration really does have to be experience to be believed! The one I went in was 0-60 in 3.2 and that messed with my head, and the same with the driver. I do wonder if 0-60 in 1.99 is actually safe - can you really stay in proper control of the car with that level of g-force?!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tesla is a bit of a one trick pony that can do straight line acceleration really well.
But there’s more to a great car than straight line acceleration.
Very true and they have a marmite interior but I love it. One massive screen that does everything is great in my eyes. The constant updates and the fact the car gets better as it goes on is leagues ahead of traditional car makers too in my opinion. My friend has a Model 3 and I think it is fantastic. Suspect build quality in certain places like panels gaps mentioned above but overall a fantastic car.

Also for long distance driving their Supercharger network is unrivalled. The insane amount of cards/fobs/memberships you need for other chargers is a joke and needs to be standardised ASAP. Every charger should just have a set rate and a contactless card reader. Simple as that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've personally not heard much about reliability (maybe a bit about sticking door handles), although I do know that if you're in an accident, it can take a while to get them fixed. I've been in a couple of Model S' and didn't notice any glaring quality problems, and I can't lie, I was blown away by them. My car simply felt like something out of the Victorian era after the experience, and I'm not joking, it look me a fair while to switch my mindset back to liking the internal combustion again.

I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea, (or within budget) but when I go to EV, I want it to be a next gen experience. I don't just want a car like I have now, but with an electric motor. This is where I feel Tesla have it right.

The handling on them is also pretty good due to the center of Gravity, and yes, the performance is focused strongly towards acceleration but we're only talking above illegal speeds where other cars can take them, so for road use, I'd rather have some fun and legal acceleration than a fast 100-150 time. And that acceleration really does have to be experience to be believed! The one I went in was 0-60 in 3.2 and that messed with my head, and the same with the driver. I do wonder if 0-60 in 1.99 is actually safe - can you really stay in proper control of the car with that level of g-force?!
You are right. It has to be experienced what that instant torque and acceleration is like. It is laughably fast. It blew my mind the first time and while EV's tail off from 80/90+ in how fast they continue to accelerate, like you say, for 99% of your drives all you need is that 0-60 speed.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Now that proper car manufacturers are making ev's, Tesla will have to up there game on quality and customer service or they will be left behind, just go on youtube some of the manufacturing faults are unbelievable, and owners are accepting them, sorry agree they are quick but that is it imo :mad:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Presumably, as the competition hots up, Tesla will have no choice but to address these issue, or risk loosing their lead in the market!

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,043 Posts
Short review dated 27th Jan 2021 of the Tesla Model Y vs Mustang Mach E here
bearing in mind it is an American review.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Odd that Tesla can’t even make the owner’s phone work properly via BT. I know these are a fantastic proposition, but the niggles would put me off.
Something like that would grate on me so much. Although a great reason to ignore work calls when driving 😂

1 - 20 of 30 Posts