Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 4WD so my lovely Soul is up for grabs if anyone is interested.
It is a mint Soul 2 with 4400 miles on the clock. It has been polished monthly since it was new 8 months ago and has also been waxoyled all underneath including the cavity sections. There are no marks on the paint and never seemed to suffer with the paint chipping problems of some of the early metallics. It is only ever parked in the furthest reaches of the supermarket car park and as such there is not a single mark anywhere on the bodywork. It has the benefit of additional boot lighting, twin horns and a photochromic interior mirror with built in digital compass and also a pukka boot sill protector from the USA. There are also mud flaps and proper Kia carpets.

I am looking for 11ish so a good saving on a new one which is just over 14k

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
if anyone is after a Soul..... this is the one to have. I have seen it in the metal, it is perfect and its the most sensible spec to have.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
a couple of things i will say..... the Soul is fab in snow, and you havent given it a chance to shine yet (i live in the welsh version of where you live)...... and any car is only as good as its tyres. All wheel drive cars will get stuck here in bad weather if they are on normal road tyres.

Why not get some top notch winter wheels and tyres for the Soul and see how it does?..... gotta be a lot cheaper than buying a new car and taking a depreciation hit on that and the Soul.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe I will Tempest but I found a second hand UC at a reasonable price (much better than retail).
I really like this Soul so I won't lose any sleep if it doesn't sell. I do have an issue over the servicing that KIA impose on owners and that will have to be settled one way or another. The same problem doesn't exist with Toyota GB.

Edited by: anchorman

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its very nice of you to say but I won't be going. I enjoy the banter we get and in any case, it looks like the recession is making things difficult for people. The Soul is likely to stay unless somebody shows an interest before tomorrow night when the UC gets traded in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm glad that you won't be going Anchorman
What is the servicing issue? Having only had my Soul for 4 months it's not something I know about.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yes thanks Fussychick, it went very well ,bit truamatic as we have down sized from a large four bed house to a 2 bed apartment in Bridlington 400 yrds from the sea. It will be interesting to see how the paint on the Soul stands up with sand and moisture high in salt. Had to get it washed yesterday as the storm we had coated it in spray and fine sand.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did a great big answer to this only to find "server error" message.
I can only get on half the time lately so going to bed sulking now!!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
yes - i have struggled with this too..... get on fine first attempt, go back later for an update and cant get on with server errors.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
This was happening before I moved and I am also still having problems getting on to the site.It never was a problem until around the end of Sept ish

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anchorman said:
I am looking for a 4WD so my lovely Soul is up for grabs if anyone is interested.

It is a mint Soul 2 with 4400 miles on the clock. It has been polished monthly since it was new 8 months ago and has also been waxoyled all underneath including the cavity sections. There are no marks on the paint and never seemed to suffer with the paint chipping problems of some of the early metallics. It is only ever parked in the furthest reaches of the supermarket car park and as such there is not a single mark anywhere on the bodywork. It has the benefit of additional boot lighting, twin horns and a photochromic interior mirror with built in digital compass and also a pukka boot sill protector from the USA. There are also mud flaps and proper Kia carpets.

I am looking for 11ish so a good saving on a new one which is just over 14k

Just bumping this up.

Offers over £10k would buy it.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
theres a new owner on the USA forum who has bought a Soul to use in the snow belt west michigan apparently..... 120 inch of snow a year...... he recommends snow tyres too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This car will be traded this week. Anything above £9250 will buy it.

I'd rather see one of you guys get a bargain than a dealer make a fat profit.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I know that the weather gets bad in Buxton Anchorman but with winter tyres on the soul you will be OK, what a lump of money to waste and then looking to buy one of the least reliable 4x4s on the market ie a Landrover !!! . I used to drive all over UK in all weathers and in over 40 years driving I have only been stuck once and that was in Baslow one snowy winter ,the other vehicles held me up or I would have been OK.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dave

I don't know what has given you the impression that I am having a LR but I can assure you you I am not. I am going back to what I know best and that is a RAV. I really like this Soul but I now have an "on call" roll and even with off road or the best snow tyres it will not go where I mightneed to get in the Buxton and Hope Valley areas - with even a couple of inches of snow.

I saw myself keeping the Soul for a long period but this change has dictated things.

I will still keep looking in this forum because I like the people I met on the get togetherand the banter from the rest!

Edited by: anchorman

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Thank goodness you are not having a Landy, trouble on wheels they are with out doubt. Ravs are not to bad at all now but what about trading in the soul for a Kia 4x4 and get a really good car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts