Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ceed is a 1.4 petrol 2010 model and has only done 2,900 miles. On a recent trip of about 300 miles on motorways and A roads, staying within the speed limits, it achieved 45.7 mpg ( 6L/100km). Quite a good performance.
Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are 4.55 litres in a gallon.
There are 3.68 liters in a gallon.

Alright, the minor spelling difference is a bit pedantic; the first is English and refers to Imperial gallons. The second is American and refers to US gallons.

How many litres / liters are in a gallon depends where you are.

For info MILES x 4.55 / LITRES is the easiest calculation to give you the mpg.

Perhaps interesting to note that the difference in gallon volume dates back to the days when the British ripped off the Americans on rum measures; short-changed them by 20%. (A bit like some posts have referred to their mpg versus the published figures, but I can't comment on their experiences.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Last Saturday morning I drove down the A1. I waited until I was on the dual carriageway in 6th gear at 65 mph and reset my mpg readout. I stayed in cruise control at 65mph, apart from the odd moment going up to 70 mph to overtake.I arrived at my destination 44 mins later with an average of 64.5 mpg indicated.
Cee'd SW 3 -113 bhp diesel with just over 5000 miles 'on the clock' and the mpg is improving all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems like most Cee'd owners are doing better than I am for economy, although most seem to be diesels. My 1.4 SR-7 is way short of the claimed economy, even driving with a 'feather foot'!! Best I can do on a long run is 38mpg - way short of the 46.3 claimed. With all my previous cars I've always been able to better the official figures. I note that my Cee'd is very low geared at 3500rpm at 70mph. Most cars are turning over at much less - usually 2500-3000. I'm very disappointed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When you read up how official figures are obtained, rolling road, no-one in the car, perfectly flat, no luggage etc, I am surprised anyone matches them. I was told realistic mpg should be within 20% of official figures

·
Registered
328 Posts
These mpg figures are only good for comparing one car to another.
they are useless in real life as you wont get anywhere near them.

for example
Smart diesel = stated extra urban 85mpg - in reality 65mpg

·
Registered
682 Posts
Like mention on other models of this forum, the MPG figure are achived under ideal conditions.
In a work shop on a rolling road, no junk in the boot, no goodies switch on, no wind resistance, no hills or load on the car once moving.

But we all know thats not real life, the admen do a good job to sell you that!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts